Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't got the experience at the top level. Sorry for calling you stupid that isn't right, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't agree but fair do's.

Thanks for that and no worries.

I take your point re top level experience. To me it's a double edged sword. Anyone with experience of winning at the very top level is likely either likely to prove out of reach (Poch, Simeone, Allegri, etc.) or maybe even just seeing out their career and cashing in (Ancelotti). It's also no guarantee of future success. Given those factors I think Everton will probably have to find themselves looking for the next top level manager rather than a current one. What they tried and failed to do with Silva in other words.

Wilder doesn't have top level experience, but he's proved he can beat other sides with fewer resources. He's shown he can improve players and raise the level of their game significantly. He's tactically innovative and his willingness to utilise his centre backs as an attacking option shows he thinks outside the box. He also comes across as a man of character. He seems to have the respect of those around him and when he speaks he's very direct and uncompromising. So I think there's something there if a bigger club wants to take a gamble.

Doesn't really matter who the new manager is.

It's a convenient and easy thing to point the finger at and change. How has the managerial merry go round from Moyes to Martinez to Koeman to Allardyce to Silva actually changed anything in the last 7-8 seasons?

Different managers and different philosophies have all come unstuck. Either the hierarchy of the club are choosing the wrong managers or they are choosing the right manager but the footballing structure at the club doesn't allow them to flourish. I actually think you can make a better argument for the latter rather than the former.

We also need to look at ourselves too. Why is the 1st option to always look at the manager to be the fall guy? Why isn't their more pressure on the club hierarchy for the mess they've created? At a different level, but this is very similar to United. Lots of money but no idea due to a lack of identity and holistic footballing strategy. Wolves and Leicester are the polar opposite and are extracting everything from their resources. They are following on from what Spurs have achieved and following a similar blueprint. We seem stuck in a myriad of directions and strategies that just give a muddled approach to many aspects of the footballing side of the club.

The other aspect is that the fanbase needs to take a long hard look at itself. Brilliant, loyal support for many years that has been rewarded with incompetence and under achievement. It feels rubbish and I completely understand why everyone is very frustrated. But I think our lack of patience (not necessarily with Silva per se) hurts the club. We seem very quick to turn on managers and players and it's fair to say it creates a toxic environment around the club. We need to harness our support and passion for the good of the club. That probably means resetting the negativity we all have stored upside. Maybe even resetting expectations in some cases.

It's a long, long road back to the top. Even under the best of managers (and we can't attract them) it wouldn't be a straight upward trajectory. We are going to need years to get back competitive for Top 4. That's with making a lot of correct decision on and off the pitch. We need to be patient and hold those accountable to taks. That doesn't always mean the manager and players are the 1st to blame.

Lets get realistic here. The only top manager we have any hope of attracting is Benitez. Anchelotti and Simeone and Poch will not be happening. Of course the club will put out feelers to these managers so they can turn around and say they tried. We are a bit of a circus at the moment and any manager like Poch who is being talked about for jobs at Utd etc will not touch us. The only way we get one of these types of managers is if Usmanov and his type of money enter the club and i dont see that happening.

So my opinion is that the club know the manager they want and that he is probably at another club. If they cant get him in they will then turn to Moyes. If you gave me money i would put it on Howe. Very same as 2 years ago. Went for Silva and chased him but knowing they had Sam as back up.

I do hope i am completely wrong as i dont think Howe is for us.

My choice would be Simeone.

I think he is the type of character who likes the challenge of overcoming a rival who appear untouchable.

The club has underperforming players and a budget to grow.

We need a steely manager, and a very strong character to make this club work.

My choice would be Simeone.

I think he is the type of character who likes the challenge of overcoming a rival who appear untouchable.

The club has underperforming players and a budget to grow.

We need a steely manager, and a very strong character to make this club work.
Would he honestly come tho? And isn’t he the highest paid manager in world football

Status
Not open for further replies.