FA Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
It dismays and confuses me how much of an inferiority complex many Evertonians have for this fixture when the facts dont bear it out. We may not have won a derby since 2010 but we've drawn more than we've lost in that period.

I say there's zero chance of us losing 2 of the 3 derbies this season, never mind 3.

We have 3 opportunities to take these in 2019/20 (might even be more).

Bring it on.
Sure. We are going to get absolutely smashed by the best team in the league. Liverpool are as good as I have seen them since the 1980s

Ha Ha Ha. They've scraped past some terrible teams by the odd goal all season.

FFS, "smashed".

Listen to yourself. Have some self respect will you.
I like your optimism, but even if we were playing our best football, you just know how who the footballing gods side with in these games. As it is we are playing absolute garbage.

Despite it being "their year" last season and their media luvvies waxing lyrical about the "fantastic football" they played, our lovable neighbours beat us with a 96th minute fluke at the cesspit and lost the league at Goodison, both with Marco in charge.
Bring them on 3,4,5 or 6 times this season.

I like your optimism, but even if we were playing our best football, you just know how who the footballing gods side with in these games. As it is we are playing absolute garbage.
Derbies are derbies. They have gone up steeply since we last beat them; we've been on a steady curve down. In that time we've played them 19 times: they've edged past us by the odd goal 5 times and been held to a draw in 10.

Where's the basis for this dread?

Status
Not open for further replies.