2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst he wasn’t much better, Davies supposedly being tired after 65 mins and incapable of kick the ball out of play as a last gasp effort to not concede is concerning. I don’t buy he was that tired, he just made the mistake that led to the goal and isn’t beyond criticism for that, especially after he was at fault for the first also.
It's like pulling teeth this.He should have been subbed .

Its game management innit mate. Literally get the word out to the team to shut up shop and take the point and give us something to build on. That last goal we were absolutely turned inside out, no cover it was a bloody shambles

Absolutely. It's maddening, its almost like contemporary managers can either play attacking football or defensive football. Or only want to play one way. There's a time for and merit in both. It's like Martinez revisited.

I absolutely guarantee that we have spoken to not one potential candidate about the position bar maybe Kenwrong to Moyes on the sly.

Shows how amateur the board are.

I don’t see it as them only just noticing, I think today and last week are the straws that have broke the back, we had them contained at 3-5-2/5-3-2 so why did he then change it to 5-4-1 after they equalised?

He’s terrible mate. I just don’t know what goes through his head.

Its game management innit mate. Literally get the word out to the team to shut up shop and take the point and give us something to build on. That last goal we were absolutely turned inside out, no cover it was a bloody shambles

The squad clearly aren't drilled enough on late game scenarios.

With Moist we knew if we were winning or drawing the team would instinctively contract in to a shell. If we were chasing a team we opened up and created a chance a chance or two.

With Silva it's a 60-70 minute game plan and the rest is anyone's guess.

Absolutely. It's maddening, its almost like contemporary managers can either play attacking football or defensive football. Or only want to play one way. There's a time and merit in both. It's like Martinez revisited.

In our current predicament a point would have been fine. Same with Brighton away, we completely lost all shape when they equalised so we should have just shut up shop, took a point and then kicked off about the pen later... Oh no not us, all over the place, no cover, no leadership, woeful

Would you have rather he played Morgan Schneiderlin from the start? He had no other choice in there. I’m not excusing Silva from any criticism but Davies was at fault for both goals.
No I would but that doesn't excuse the fact that he didn't take him off, so the fault is Silva as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.