January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands would look awfully stupid if this were to happen, especially given he announced the contract extension talks yesterday.

I'm not so sure Andy. If we get a good price for him I think people will see this is quite astute from Brands.

As for the club more broadly, who are the saleable assets to drive revenues? Nobody wants our caste offs? Why would any side pay money for players who aren't good enough for a side currently in 17th?

Needs must sometimes I fear.

I'm not so sure Andy. If we get a good price for him I think people will see this is quite astute from Brands.

As for the club more broadly, who are the saleable assets to drive revenues? Nobody wants our caste offs? Why would any side pay money for players who aren't good enough for a side currently in 17th?

Needs must sometimes I fear.
I can see where you're coming from mate but personally, I think if there's going to be any major departures it won't be Richarlison... not unless it was an absolutely ridiculous price.

Based on our owner not putting anything of his own $$$ into the club.

Everything that has been spent has been tv $$$ and sales.

We could employ Diego Simeone if we spend our $$$ correctly just like Atleti...but we are happy to be where we are year after year.

He's put some in, via the sponsorship of Finch Farm, but I agree that it's not the 800 billion squillion figure that seems to increase with each additional media article.

However, relegation would completely scupper the new stadium plans. So Moshiri will be taking a huge risk if he neglects this January transfer window. The safer option would be to use part or all of the summer's transfer window budget in January.

Completely neglecting this winter transfer window after the debacle and low net spend of last summer would be outrageous imo, and would show that Moshiri hasn't taken us beyond our bottom half peers.

He's put some in, via the sponsorship of Finch Farm, but I agree that it's not the 800 billion squillion figure that seems to increase with each additional media article.

However, relegation would completely scupper the new stadium plans. So Moshiri will be taking a huge risk if he neglects this January transfer window. The safer option would be to use part or all of the summer's transfer window in January.

Completely neglecting this winter transfer window after the debacle and low net spend of last summer would be outrageous imo, and would show that Moshiri hasn't taken us beyond our bottom half peers.
Speculating to accumulate???

Brands has already said nothing is happening in January as it's a really, really, really, really , really bad month in the whole wide world to get any deals over the line.

Speculating to accumulate???

Brands has already said nothing is happening in January as it's a really, really, really, really , really bad month in the whole wide world to get any deals over the line.

I can't stand that BS excuse about the January transfer window; as if buying players in the summer is so much easier.

It's your job Mr Brands, so get up off your arse and do what you are paid for!

Status
Not open for further replies.