New Everton Stadium Discussion

Going to be honest, I'm beginning to think our stadium venture is a waste of time. It's messy both on and off the pitch, we're absolutely dour at the footballing side of things and I wouldn't back us to survive a couple seasons of tight spending.

Yeah, crap result against Norwich on Saturday. Let's cancel a plan for a stadium which will be there until about. 2150. Makes sense.

They had plans for a 60k sweater but Abramovich paused it because of the political situation. They’ll inevitably start up again at some point.

I reckon so as well. They're certainly aiming for a 60k stadium and my bet is they'll build one at some point in the next decade, whether it's the current ridiculously expensive plan or something new...

f0f6fd0a0b49c28e-600x400.jpg

Whilst that is true, if we announced it started being built tomorrow - I'd be left feeling uncertain of our premier League status.

Our lads buckle under the most basic of pressure. Imagine knowing we need to stay relevant for a number of years without being able to paper over the cracks with expensive signings.
I just think that whereas our players like the manager I feel that maybe they don't believe in him , after recent results it would be hard to see how they could.

I genuinely feel that a new manager , if the right choice and not a second rate who has never won anything, could instill confidence and we would see what the players are really capable of.

It's not so much that it would be an issue, but for them, kicking out peaopl from their homes is a key part of the joy of stadium extensions.

Of course, you can't have an enjoyable stadium move experience if you aren't offering the residents 60% less than what their property is worth. Won't accept? Don't worry, with our round the clock hounding and ensuring your street goes into disrepair you'll be sure to accept our 2nd offer which will be enough to put you up in a Premier Inn for a whole month!!!!!

So it will only be the 9,000 difference in capacity then?

Then we wonder why we can’t compete.

I've said it before and will say it again, the capacity of other grounds is utterly irrelevant. The right capacity for BMD, is the right capacity to maximise occupancy for as many fixtures as possible - sure there might be 70k at 3/4 games a season, but that is pointless if there are 10k or so empty for the majority of the season.

The most expensive seat to build is the last in any stadium and the cost per seat goes up significantly when you look at increasing the numbers. BMD is hopefully being developed in a soccernomics world where matchday revenue (as a % of turnover) is less and less & it would be stupid for the club to defy economics to stroke an ego, either internally or externally.

I've said it before and will say it again, the capacity of other grounds is utterly irrelevant. The right capacity for BMD, is the right capacity to maximise occupancy for as many fixtures as possible - sure there might be 70k at 3/4 games a season, but that is pointless if there are 10k or so empty for the majority of the season.

The most expensive seat to build is the last in any stadium and the cost per seat goes up significantly when you look at increasing the numbers. BMD is hopefully being developed in a soccernomics world where matchday revenue (as a % of turnover) is less and less & it would be stupid for the club to defy economics to stroke an ego, either internally or externally.
We want a stadium that is close to the pitch and packed every game. Which will generate a huge atmosphere which scares opponents. Needs to be a fortress first. The plans we seem so far tells me we will have that. I think some fans feels size matters haha, don’t want to have the 6-7 biggest stadium in the League but the top 3 at least. For me I’m happy other big stadiums lack soul we need to try and take Goodison to BMD, yes will be hard but can be done. Extra 10 thousand seats won’t make much more revenue.

We want a stadium that is close to the pitch and packed every game. Which will generate a huge atmosphere which scares opponents. Needs to be a fortress first. The plans we seem so far tells me we will have that. I think some fans feels size matters haha, don’t want to have the 6-7 biggest stadium in the League but the top 3 at least. For me I’m happy other big stadiums lack soul we need to try and take Goodison to BMD, yes will be hard but can be done. Extra 10 thousand seats won’t make much more revenue.

Agree with this - but the more I read though the more I am questioning the numbers and whether the juice is worth the squeeze here. The stadium (no matter how shiny and new) becomes a noose around necks for at least 10 years & the soccornomics of it all (Lower % of turnover V's increased building cost) makes it start to look less and less important vs the the stress, implied risk around managing the finance for the next ten years.

I fully realise we are in a bind with the space around Goodison, but when you look at the really smart plans proposed for Wolves, Anfield, Craven cottage, Bramell lane & etc; surely there is some way to modernise & increase the capacity at a very small % of cost of BMD, while also having the chance to leverage the probable improvement in transport as a result of other expansion

Yeah, crap result against Norwich on Saturday. Let's cancel a plan for a stadium which will be there until about. 2150. Makes sense.

You can stick your head in the sand and deny it all you want.....But the reality is that the stadium is a massive problem to the short-term future of the team/club. Arsenal and Spurs had to go through windows of not spending, and they had Champions League football and the income that brings. Anyone that thinks that the stadium won’t have any bearing on our ability in the transfer market is living in cuckoo land. Of course it will. The squad is a mess and needs a lot of money spent on it and the purse strings will be severely tightened. It really is going to be hard times until it’s built. Or do you think we can spend 100s of millions over the next 3 or 4 years and STILL get a shiny new stadium? If you think that, I’ll have some of what you’re having.
IMO, if we go ahead with the Stadium, and I hope we do, we’re going to have to get used to being a bottom half club for a while.

I'm failing to understand why we can't build stand by stand. Moyes said it's possible and was looked into when he was there.
Keep 3 stands open during game time for a season or two

Well, we fill a 39,000 stadium with awful facilities and thousands of obstructed views. We also have a season ticket waiting list.

The above factors, coupled with the fact we’ve underperformed for years, suggest that we can fill a 52,000 stadium with ease.
Because of cheap concessionary tickets and cheap tickets overall compared to others.
The price hike of new stadium tickets prices will affect many