Richard Keys claims Rafael Benitez tried to leave Newcastle United for Everton twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the one manager I would rebel against from the get go for obvious reasons.

But I'm puzzled by this idea he's been a "great" manager in this country. The facts are he was extremely lucky to get a draw at Istanbul and bankrupted the shte with profligate spending en route. His tenure at all conquering Chels was minimum standard and he's done naff all since.

I wouldn't employ him but I would throw the overrated koppite rat off runcorn bridge.

Experience wise and accomplishments wise this fella pees all over the other candidates we are being linked with at the moment.

Need to be realistic in what’s available to us. The fact David Moyes’ name is doing the rounds give us indication of the calibre of manager that’s available.

Probably the one manager I would rebel against from the get go for obvious reasons.

But I'm puzzled by this idea he's been a "great" manager in this country. The facts are he was extremely lucky to get a draw at Istanbul and bankrupted the shte with profligate spending en route. His tenure at all conquering Chels was minimum standard and he's done naff all since.

I wouldn't employ him but I would throw the overrated koppite rat off runcorn bridge.

How did he bankrupt pool? He didn't get half the players he wanted there and was forced to search the bargain bin.

3rd place and a Europa League is pretty good for a Chelsea side that was being run in to the ground by Di Matteo.

If Rafael was lucky to win the Champions league, how do you explain the Fa Cup, Community Shield and Super Cup, whilst regularly keeping them in the top 4 and also challenging for the title?

How did he bankrupt pool? He didn't get half the players he wanted there and was forced to search the bargain bin.

3rd place and a Europa League is pretty good for a Chelsea side that was being run in to the ground by Di Matteo.

If Rafael was lucky to win the Champions league, how do you explain the Fa Cup, Community Shield and Super Cup, whilst regularly keeping them in the top 4 and also challenging for the title?
People so desperate in wanting benitez they are standing up for him

Benitez should be on the page as Collina. End of.

I'd have him here

NEA

He's won stuff and is a level above anyone we've had for years

Only downside might be whether he'll like having to answer to Brands, as he seems like one of those manager who wants to be allowed to *gasp* manage the club rather than play sidekick to a DoF

I’d take Mike Basset over Moyes.

I’d even keep Silva over Moyes!!

Benitez is a world class manager with a proven track record. Doesn’t belong in the same sentence as dithering davey.
Unless that sentence was an answer to the question, "Who don't you want as the next manager but can see coming in because our board is a big bunch of planks without a clue?"

So far my only rhyme for Rafael is anathema. I don't think my ribald chant will catch on if he actually comes here.

So for that alone, no es possible Senor Rafael, there is no resepecto here for you comprende?

Bargain bin?
Ryan Babbel=£11.5 m
Glen Johnson=£17.5m
Aquilani=£17.1m
Robbie Keane=£19m
Dossena=£7m

Status
Not open for further replies.