Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He inherited Moyes' Dads Army and got 21 wins out of 38 games and 72 ponts from them.

I dont want him back, btw. But this feller did in his first season here what no Everton manager in the PL before him never did...and we'll struggle to beat that season's win rate and points tally in the next decade. So all talk of him being "a joke" is, in and of itself, a joke and highlights how pathetic those calling him that are....people who were telling anyone who'd listen about the School of Science getting ropened when he was here, no doubt.

He finished 5th and got to a Semi-Final.
Moyes finished 4th and got to a Final.

#levels

Mate, why did you delete and not respond to the rest of my reply?

Because the main point is Silva shows the same stubbornness that Martinez did, not willing to change. Making reference to one game isn’t really relevant, the writing was on the wall for Bobby for a while when he could have changed just as it may very well be for Silva over the next month or so

Martinez was even worse defensively
And to quote Osman - 'Martinez's hardest day at training was like Moyeses easy day.'

It's funny how Martinez didn't change over time too, he just got 'more so'

Well yeah but I didn't mention Martinez. I wouldn't see the point in supplementing a defensively poor manager with another one who's record wasn't as great as people make out either.

And 4 home wins at home out of 18 he was in charge in his last season with us. Worst home record ever.
Under his watch we won just twelve home league games during his second and third season combined! What. A. Manager. (n)

I don't get this weird home record thing.

You don't get any more points for winning at home, if you are winning away it shouldn't really matter that much.

Of course he wasn't doing that either so was rightly sacked when he was. This home record stuff is not a thing though.

I don't get this weird home record thing.

You don't get any more points for winning at home, if you are winning away it shouldn't really matter that much.

Of course he wasn't doing that either so was rightly sacked when he was. This home record stuff is not a thing though.
You not getting a football manager having our worst home record in our 141 year history is your issue and no one else’s.

Dads army?

Baines and Coleman were in their absolute peak, he was gifted Stones, went to Chelsea for Ba and came back with Lukaku.

You can rewrite history all you want, but that season was, in the main, made up of only 3 of his signings (Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy) and the rest what he was afforded.
Hibbert
Gibson
Distin
Osman
Howard
Jagielka

...yes, Dads Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.