2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading twitter and can confirm that Spurs have more absolute idiots following them than we have following us.

The general consensus with them is a yellow because he went for the ball.

Well I'm afraid I've seen screenshots where the ball ain't even in the frame cause it's about 3 yards away. Anyone who genuinely believes he didnt want to leave one on Gones is utterly delusional and I've lost all respect.
Spuds fans were always knobheads back in the day and still are.....twunts all of them....hope we dont entertain any on here in future...

Am I missing something here ? I don’t get what’s bad about the tweet or the responses ? it’s just spurs fans support to a player.

Yes you are missing something mate. It wasn't a mistimed tackle in which a player has tried to play the ball, it was a fully intentional retaliation shithouse challenge that has caused Gomes to be left on the floor screaming whilst his ankle is facing the wrong way.

If your response to that is ''I hope Son is okay'' ''It's great to see Son smiling'' then you're an absolute scruff.

What's that got to do with anything? What's that got to do with you implying the fella in the video clip was being racist and then trying a smart arse remark like "wow" and "insane" and he's now being found not guilty of any racist behaviour.
Mate, the lad is a bad wum, and by bad I mean he's too thick to do it properly. Supports kopite racists and peados and condemns everton and evertonians at every opportunity, not once has he been on evertons side.

Reading @Keiran post is like watching an experiment put together to prove the dunning-kruger effect

Just hope our supporters don't over the top with abusing Son on Social Media. That would only be highlighted in the media and cement Sons' 'victim' status even more.

Well we wouldn't as we're Everton and we wouldn't have the media support and the club wouldn't have the nuts on them to appeal
Why are we just accepting it though?

I actually don’t mind that Coleman spoke to Son, that’s sound as he’s clearly a nice guy with good intentions and Gomes was surrounded by our players so one less wouldn’t have made a difference, however we always get the thin end of the wedge when it comes to officialdom.

We should kick off big time. But because we don’t that makes it too easy for us to be treated harshly.

Yes you are missing something mate. It wasn't a mistimed tackle in which a player has tried to play the ball, it was a fully intentional retaliation shithouse challenge that has caused Gomes to be left on the floor screaming whilst his ankle is facing the wrong way.

If your response to that is ''I hope Son is okay'' ''It's great to see Son smiling'' then you're an absolute scruff.

How do tweets posted two days after the event prove that Spurs fans first response to the injury was to say “great to see son smiling” ? It’s two days since it happened, I’m sure they’ve got sympathies for Gomes... there were lots of messages of support from Spurs fans on social media after the match. It’s also a bit strange to be expecting Spurs fans to be talking about Gomes in a tweet about a champions league match.

Last edited:
It was in poor taste of Spurs to appeal it, but most teams would if it meant getting an important player back

Everton have rolled over again as per usual, probably because Spurs won the narrative battle in the media to the point that us actually fighting this would have in effect made us the "bad guys"

lot's of other clubs wouldn't have cared and would have done what was right regardless, but that's sadly not our club

Utter spineless cowards at the top of our club. Simple as

It has a lot to do with all the media being anti-Everton and pro the top 6. Straight from the off it was look at poor Son, that wasn't a red card. If it had have been our player doing the tackle we would have had a millisecond by millisecond account at how our mad player had lost their rag and mercilessly hunted down the bambi like Son, with stills going back years showing anger on the face of the offending player being made to look like the game it happened in.

Am I missing something here ? I don’t get what’s bad about the tweet or the responses ? it’s just spurs fans support to a player.

Its crass, classless - essentially rubbing Gomes's nose in it.

Why are we just accepting it though?

I actually don’t mind that Coleman spoke to Son, that’s sound as he’s clearly a nice guy with good intentions and Gomes was surrounded by our players so one less wouldn’t have made a difference, however we always get the thin end of the wedge when it comes to officialdom.

We should kick off big time. But because we don’t that makes it too easy for us to be treated harshly.

We should have been screaming and shouting when it happened - instead we patted Son on the head and said 'don't worry it's not your fault'.

How do tweets posted two days after the event prove that Spurs fans first response to the injury was to say “great to see son smiling” ? It’s two days since it happened, I’m sure they’ve got sympathies for Gomes... it’s just the natural human reaction to have. It’s also a bit strange to be expecting Spurs fans to be talking about Gomes in a tweet posted by Spurs about a champions league match.
So you support Son then? Spurs are the pits as a club, their supporters stink....go and support the vermin then.

Spurs would do anything to deflect the conversation from an abysmal start of the season they're having...and this is where this Son conversation is going towards...lets be the bigger person and focus on our team and on a speedy recovery for Gomes!

Status
Not open for further replies.