2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must define 'box-to-box' much, much differently. For starters, it's a very visible role. Where would he hide?

Beyond that, he's the anchor forcing Silva's hand and limiting us to the much-maligned 4-2-3-1. Probably lost on you since you're clearly a Gylfi superfan, but it's not a coincidence that we played a 4-3-3 - Silva's documented preferred formation - the majority of the past 2 matches, and the ball actually moved quickly around the pitch.
In what your saying, have you considered that Silva may have just used Gylfi as his scapegoat in all this.

Walcott always gets chances (which he usually misses...) and gives us more balance as a team. He also stretches opponents with his pace and gives them something to think about.

For me a Walcott performing well makes us a much better side.

“Performing well” that’s the problem , he doesn’t do it very often. You can say any player “ playing well “ makes us better as they are all prem league players. I like the Theo that turned up against westham , but I haven’t seen him for about season before

They finished 17th in his last season there. They were at their peak around 2012/13, after Sigurdsson signed they were on a gradual decline from that point.
Fair play. Hazy memory.
Although thought the brief time him and Bony were together they were decent.
Nevertheless consider myself reprimanded.

Gylfi = dumpster juice

The team's culprit and will be the reason Silva is sacked
Thank you for introducing me to the term 'dumpster juice.'

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.