Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Gary Neville

Votes: 25 7.5%
  • Neville Neville

Votes: 113 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said it before: even though he was a tosser when managing those lot, he’s a very capable manager as proven by his managerial record.

It would be tough to take and I know a fair few wouldn’t accept him, but I really do feel that he would bring us success or at moving closer to it.

It’s a difficult yes from me.
He would probably do ok, be horrible to see us stoop to hiring him though. Ideally moshiri and brands pull a rabbit out the hat and finally make a decent appointment that isn't moyes, gravy slug, Rafael or Howe though

I see Roy Keane was at the match today. I reckon he must have been putting himself in the shop window. I can't think of any other reason as to why he'd want to put himself though watching such a crap and uninspiring game?
Was thinking myself why was he at the match , not the best off games to watch haha.

...I can’t see us appointing an ex-Liverpool Manager, there is too much baggage.

Silva’s position has to be precarious but I don’t see him being sacked just yet. If the taxi is ordered, the only obvious candidate I can see is Arteta. He might prefer to sit and wait to be crowned at City but if not we might be an attractive proposition for him.

Record in the transfer market isn’t as key a competency as it once was because the DoF does that stuff. We need a top coach. I’d be surprised if he hasn’t already been sounded out, i’d be surprised if we already don’t know if this is a possibility.

Arteta.

He would probably do ok, be horrible to see us stoop to hiring him though. Ideally moshiri and brands pull a rabbit out the hat and finally make a decent appointment that isn't moyes, gravy slug, Rafael or Howe though
By his own admission he would be coming to a “little club.” Ergo, he would also be admitting he is past it by coming here. I actually think he is a talented manager, but he is ultra negative, and we would always know he really would rather be at Liverpool. And if he starts badly, how long before the atmosphere is totally toxic?

Rafael is the spanish Sam Allardyce, ultra defensive
Two domestic titles, two domestic cups and three European honours including the CL, all with squads that arguably weren’t the best in their respective leagues.

Add to that, you have to give him credit for what he did at Newcastle. He may be defensive, but I would hope that he would push us forward as a club.

@sageyefc like yourself I would rather Brands and co. pulled a gem out of the hat, yet that seems unlikely going on their history; therefore, he’s my main option.

Please do not get the wrong end of the stick, I am not a Rafael fan and it would very difficult for us to accept him as a manager, but my love for Everton comes first.

If it meant swallowing our pride, accepting some baggage (stick from that lot) and some defensive tactics for us to bring success, well then I will take it all day.

We have suffered Martinez MKII, Gravy Guzzler and now a manager who simply won't adapt, so I think we need to do something drastic.

I still stick with Arteta and Cahill, both have plenty of knowledge of the premiere league, both love the club and I am sure Arteta would have learnt a lot from Pep. Please not Mourinho because with his ego everything would be about him and not the club.

I don’t have a lot of skin in the ‘pick Everton’s next manager’ game: I have entirely stopped watching our brave lion hearts. Having said that, a manager I think would be suitable for Everton is Malky Mackay

He was routinely abused through out his time with us and on paper he had a decent record
No he didn’t, he was routinely abused, rightly so, but that didn’t happen until abar his 6th or 7th game, pretty much where WBA and Bournemouth away back to back came up and he played 4-5-1 both games. That’s when it turned.

As much as I hate the way he left I'd get Moyes in till the end of the season to steady the ship. Give us time to look at the options and get someone in. Moyes will get something out of this lot and sort the defence

No faith in us appointing one. Whoever the flavour of the month is currently is who we will probably appoint. Maybe we´ll get lucky but since when has that happened to us?

Well it would be on Brands.

His managerial pick would have to be better than his approach to signings that were desperately needed, like.

Well it would be on Brands.

His managerial pick would have to be better than his approach to signings that were desperately needed, like.
If Silva is to go which looks unlikely till after the West Ham game, the Ajax manager is apparently some1 Brands wants

Status
Not open for further replies.