2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something HAS to be said, either officially or leaked to the papers, regarding this crisis.

It’s us fans that are continually suffering. It isn’t enjoyable to support this club and hasn’t been for a very long time now. We aren’t even doing the bare minimum expected of us, which is to be the best of the rest.

Dark times ahead.

I also worry that this is not a manager issue but we have a crap squad.

I think there's a good side in there myself could do with a relentless slotter. But I do think we have a good first team if utilised proper

With Pickford, Digne, Mina, Gomes, Delph, Richarlison, Iwobi, Bernard, Sigurdsson, Kean available, heck even Sidibe, Coleman, Tosun and Keane... it's an outrage that he hasn't even got us challenging Leicester near the top, never mind virtually propping the entire division up. How he cannot get a tune out of those players is beyond me.

Something HAS to be said, either officially or leaked to the papers, regarding this crisis.

It’s us fans that are continually suffering. It isn’t enjoyable to support this club and hasn’t been for a very long time now. We aren’t even doing the bare minimum expected of us, which is to be the best of the rest.

Dark times ahead.

The minimum requirement is always to be the best of the rest. If one is not capable of doing this he should get out.

Still think he’ll keep his job for now, but if he wants to remain for the long-term, he has to start mixing it up and currently, that includes a 4-4-2 if we’re to stem the leakage of goals.

If we can’t score, we have to stop conceding - at least until we have the players who can do the job.

Still think he’ll keep his job for now, but if he wants to remain for the long-term, he has to start mixing it up and currently, that includes a 4-4-2 if we’re to stem the leakage of goals.

If we can’t score, we have to stop conceding - at least until we have the players who can do the job.

You know he won’t and he will stick with zonal marking.

That’s the problem, he is too stubborn to try an alternative approach. Either that or he doesn’t know how to. He’s had so many games to try something different but won’t. He has changed absolutely nothing. Like for like player changes are not gonna solve the problem if it’s the system that’s broke.

The players clearly don't want to, (or can't even) play the useless 4-2-3-1 system. Anyone with a footballing brain can see that, and if Silva can't get that through to his head then he deserves to be sacked immediately.

The only reason he doesn’t get sacked is we can’t get a replacement in. Moshiri won’t want another Unsworth masterclass, though I suppose his recorded against West Ham was good!

You know he won’t and he will stick with zonal marking.
I actually have no issue with zonal marking. Last season, Silva got the team working this system after about 12 matches and I could see with my own eyes how it could work. However he has the same players more or less with only a few new people around the team so it should have been easier to get it to a workable level, which it clearly isn't.

I don't know how you rectify defending as a team so easily once a system has been operating for over a season and it falls apart. Do we have to stick with Silva and see it start working again or pull the trigger. I wonder if the assistant coach that went off to manage in Portugal was the implementer on the training ground for Silva?

Anyway, it's not good enough.I am at a loss to see who is going to replace him, but I always hope that the club has a shortlist at the ready just in case, especially after rocketing the Moonhead and then floundering for half a season before getting Silva in.

Status
Not open for further replies.