2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five losses in six games. Aren't you in the least bit concerned he has tried nothing new?! Nothing! The same tactics the same zonal marking the same selections. It's tired, boring and safe and predictable when we get beat. You can revisit the transfer window but it's down to the coach to get more out of a very expensively put together squad that has more than enough quality in it to be top ten at least!!!!!!!!
This exactly. If in the next game we have that same formation with the same players it's clear he hasn't got a clue. It's time to go 4-3-3 and drop Gylfi.

If Silva was English and called Matt Smith, he wouldn't have got the job.

The "gamble" is well out of his depth, you know it - really...
I have no axe to grind for Silva. He gets mitigation in the sense (as you acknowledged a few weeks back) he was not best served being left hanging without a CB.

We're into a bad cycle of fans hiring and firing here. How does that make us attractive to the type of manager you or others may have in mind to come in?

Keep him in place and this season is over before it's really even got going. We are scraping lower mid table at best. Brands needs to act and replace immediately.

I have no axe to grind for Silva. He gets mitigation in the sense (as you acknowledged a few weeks back) he was not best served being left hanging without a CB.

We're into a bad cycle of fans hiring and firing here. How does that make us attractive to the type of manager you or others may have in mind to come in?

Not having a sub CB is not responsible for where we sit in the table

Not when you're flogging a dead horse. His team cant defend and his team score. The guarenteed recipe for relegation.
I;m not going to stand and give Silva a blank piece of paper.

nevertheless, you surely realise we cant keep axeing managers (and as early as this)?

This exactly. If in the next game we have that same formation with the same players it's clear he hasn't got a clue. It's time to go 4-3-3 and drop Gylfi.

Right, but this isn't gonna solve the problems.

As stale as the formation is, it's not the root cause. The cause is the tactics. If we play 4-3-3, but the tactics are still just get it wide and lump crosses in, then we'll not be any better.

We play 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Gylfi, yet we don't actually play through the middle at all. That's not on Gylfi, as bad as he has been, and wouldn't change just if he were dropped unless the tactics change.

I don’t know if the DOF role is something majorly off putting for certain managers but if West Ham can attract top managers like Pellegrini than then so can we. Anyone saying we can’t attract any better than the likes of relegation managers like Marco Silva deserves nothing but failure, that’s including our small time board if that’s what’s they think. Again, that’s if positions like DOF are majorly off putting for better calibre managers in which case it’s something they need to reconsider.

Put him and us out of our misery.

He had a go in fact before the Derby last year, we didn't think it was so bad but we are papering over crack after crack with management who aren't up to the level of a higher tier of football club.

Martinez - Wigan
Koeman - Southampton
Fat Sam - Bolton/Blackburn/Sunderland
Silva - Hull/Watford

Now a lot is aimed at the board but all of these managers got well over our transfer budget for the last 20 years.

If we have any intention of being a Top 4 club, we need to find a Top Class Manager who will be given a good wage, budget and chance to succeed.

Jose is the dream, a winning manager who is free and proven in the Premier League but I think he won't take the job as he tends to want full control so our Director of Football setup my hinder this.

Arteta is the same risk as Silva but fans favourite, knows the club inside and out plus learning from the best plus open to a move after nearly becoming Arsenal manager.

Marcelino is available after being sacked by Valencia and winning the Cops plus back to back top 4 finishes but his profile is very "Spanish" based so perhaps he isn't interested in England or we want a manager who knows the league.

Allegri would be very very interesting but he has the same issue as Marcelino as his career has been spent in Italy plus coming from Juve, he may see it as a step down with clubs like Spurs and United linked but he fits the profile of type of level of management we need.

Moyes aka The Chosen One. He is favourite for the reason he built the club for 10 years from relegation, top 4 club to cup final finalists on a shoestring. His profile has taken a battering after United some may say harshly, Sunderland he never stood a chance but at West Ham, he developed the club brought through some of their existing players. I'm not a fan of going back but we did with Kendall which never worked out amazing but it would please the board and some fans as he is seen a safe pair of hands.

Five losses in six games. Aren't you in the least bit concerned he has tried nothing new?! Nothing! The same tactics the same zonal marking the same selections. It's tired, boring and safe and predictable when we get beat. You can revisit the transfer window but it's down to the coach to get more out of a very expensively put together squad that has more than enough quality in it to be top ten at least!!!!!!!!
Yes, I am concerned mate. Very concerned. However, he does have players out, he has players who were not replaced, he had a decent first season. So I;m not inclined to want him out now and to start the (VERY expensive) managerial change game just yet. Give him a few weeks.

I don’t know if the DOF role is something majorly off putting for certain managers but if West Ham can attract top managers like Pellegrini than then so can we. Anyone saying we can’t attract any better than the likes of relegation managers like Marco Silva deserves nothing but failure, that’s including our small time board if that’s what’s they think. Again, that’s if positions like DOF are majorly off putting for better calibre managers in which case it’s something they need to reconsider.

There hasnt been a single trophy won in the last 5 years by a team that doesnt have a DoF.

I;m not going to stand and give Silva a blank piece of paper.

nevertheless, you surely realise we cant keep axeing managers (and as early as this)?

Yes you can when you make a huge error like this one. The fella is dragging us straight into the championship. Its easly early enough to avoid it.

We've played 8 games, which is also a pretty important detail. If we're not somewhere around 7th place in May I'd be amazed, whoever the manager is.

Well maybe. But those 8 games have been against 7 sides with lower wages (probably) and lower priced players than us. I havnt seen much to suggest this bloke has the ability to deliver the league position the wages and transfer budget should normally deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.