2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I’m saying you think he failed to bring a striker in. What if Kean starts scoring under a decent manager, has he not then filled the remit of bringing in a striker?

But surely - and this is a failing of Brands and Silva both - it shouldn't be a forward that needs a change of manager to get the best out of him?

I get your point. But I'm pretty sure we realised the cock up in the summer and that's why we went for Zaha.

My point is that should have been realised much earlier.

Which managers has Brands worked with maybe that would give us an idea as to the type of coach he will go for

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
July 2009​
March 2012​
-​
Netherlands
March 2012​
June 2012​
[nb 3]
Netherlands
July 2012​
June 2013​
Netherlands
July 2013​
June 2018​

He got them playing when there was nothing to play for Dave, stop making excuses and wake up to the fact that the manager should not be having this squad sitting 4th from bottom having lost to 2 of the promoted sides. A good manager doesn’t dwell on players not there, he adapts to work with those he has, you were too stubborn to admit Martinez’ faults and you’re shifting blame again when you know otherwise
To get a team playing with nothing to play for is, I suspect, tougher than when there is.

But surely - and this is a failing of Brands and Silva both - it shouldn't be a forward that needs a change of manager to get the best out of him?

I get your point. But I'm pretty sure we realised the cock up in the summer and that's why we went for Zaha.

My point is that should have been realised much earlier.
I feel like Im missing your point here. If you are speaking about "we need more goals" then why would we have been looking at Zaha?

Well, sadly, Philip Cocu now manages Derby County of all teams.

Against Silva:
442 with your strikers as DCL and Sigurdsson
Zonal marking
Crazy & bizarre substitutions
Ignores his own 433 philosophy
Unable to adapt

Against Brands:
Players for a 433 not provided (ex-Gabmin)
Sold our only two defensive mids, including one who is one of the best in the world without replacement
Did not find a replacement at CB, despite ample warning

Easy to see how both can shoulder some blame.

But it is remarkable how a PL manager who's coaching a team sitting 17th of whom leak goals and can't score goals; hasn't changed the formula anywhere on the pitch. The same back 4 every game, Sigurdsson/DCL combo and dare I say Richarlison also.

Status
Not open for further replies.