2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not working because Moshiri has insisted on picking the managers first and then getting in a DOF, instead of the other way round. It doesn’t help that the first guy he picked wasn’t even a DOF! I think there’s massive question marks over Moshiri’s judgement in footballing matters.
Regardless of Walsh or Brands - the instability is baked into the dual control over the team. That's how we get £500M spent on tripe in three seasons.

It's a system that needs dumping. If we had another owner the first move they'd make is to employ a manager with complete control. This carpetbagger is clueless.

Regardless of Walsh or Brands - the instability is baked into the dual control over the team. That's how we get £500M spent on tripe in three seasons.

It's a system that needs dumping. If we had another owner the first move they'd make is to employ a manager with complete control. This carpetbagger is clueless.

95% of the top teams in the world have a DoF.

DOF role: it doesn't work for this club. Not needed. Scrap it. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. It's cost us half a billion quid since it was introduced and we've been through a handful of managers, destabilising the club and costing more cash.

Scrap it. It's wrecking this club. It's bankrupting it and putting us in danger. Sack Brands and sack Silva if need be. Then hire a manager with sole control.

This is not working. No plan, no accountability, no way to run this club.

Would you trust Silva choosing his own players?

95% of the top teams in the world have a DoF.

That may be true, but:

1/ they need one because the role of coach is all encompassing for a team studded with stars. Elite clubs are vast, we're not.
2/ the DoF isn't monolothic, the dynamic can be more in favour of the coach having final say. We dont have that. The Dutch tool has first and final say over players.

That may be true, but:

1/ they need one because the role of coach is all encompassing for a team studded with stars. Elite clubs are vast, we're not.
2/ the DoF isn't monolothic, the dynamic can be more in favour of the coach having final say. We dont have that. The Dutch tool has first and final say over players.

1. Marco Silva has worked with a DoF all his managerial career, he knows nothing else.
2. Silva and Brands decide on the players, seems how Richarlison is now utter tosh, he was clearly a Silva choice.

:coffee:

I can play your game Dave, but better.

That may be true, but:

You're right in a sense, it's a new strategy for Everton and I feel that Brands has too much power, wasn't he promoted to the board too?

1. Marco Silva has worked with a DoF all his managerial career, he knows nothing else.
2. Silva and Brands decide on the players, seems how Richarlison is now utter tosh, he was clearly a Silva choice.

:coffee:

I can play your game Dave, but better.
That was a no brainer...although Brands overpaid for him.

It's not needed the DoF role. Tell me we'd have wasted half a billion on this crap under a manager like Moyes, for one.

Brands did not choose this manager. So Silva not cutting it is in no way on him and is actually a deeper problem as he will have a philosophy that is not necessarily shared by the manager.

Also as best I can tell Brands signings are for the most part our better players. The people who most desperately need replacing to me are Coleman, Keane and Sigurdsson. In terms of getting better players in I think he's slowly getting there. If he has similar ability to pick a manager I expect we will be in better hands to begin next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.