2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
...regardless of personnel, though, he should have his team organised. First and foremost, we should be hard to beat, secondly we have to offer a threat. We do neither.

I’m not for sacking Silva, but we are tactically poor. The Schneiderlin/Delph axis offers nothing defensively, but more significantly there is no protection of the football, no continued possession when we win it. The manager continues with that combination. It beggars belief. Keeping the ball is so important, defending two static defenders is important, but Schneiderlin/Delph provide neither.

An innovative coach tries something different. We weren’t playing a Champions League team today.
An innovative coach enforces his preferred formation from the start. When he came in he said it was 433 so play it and then fit the players into that. This 4321 always becomes a defensive 451.

You lot are thick as pig

He deserves his fair share of criticism.

Is he responsible for our performances? No.

Is he responsible for us lacking in crucial areas? Well, yes. Clearly. It's his job.

Win together, lose together, and all that. He takes his share of the blame.

Sure but sacked? Absolutely over the top. The squad we have is good enough for 7th easy.

Oh yeh, don't want him sacked. As I said, he needs to be the source of stability.

But I think in general he is given a far too easy ride by some. Last year was different, he had a ton to do.

This summer he knew exactly what was needed and in two - possibly three - key areas he's failed to deliver.

Then we have a manager who is stuck with one way of playing which only worked last season because of two crucial players that are no longer here (one which Brands I believe has underestimated in Gana and the other in Zouma which he failed to get - yes, crap happens - but also failed to have more than one-back up (Tomori) lined up). So he takes his fair share.

Oh yeh, don't want him sacked. As I said, he needs to be the source of stability.

But I think in general he is given a far too easy ride by some. Last year was different, he had a ton to do.

This summer he knew exactly what was needed and in two - possibly three - key areas he's failed to deliver.

Then we have a manager who is stuck with one way of playing which only worked last season because of two crucial players that are no longer here (one which Brands I believe has underestimated in Gana and the other in Zouma which he failed to get - yes, crap happens - but also failed to have more than one-back up (Tomori) lined up). So he takes his fair share.

What happens if we get a competent manger that gets Kean, Iwobi etc. on the pitch and playing confidently and they do the business? Do you eat your hat then?

What happens if we get a competent manger that gets Kean, Iwobi etc. on the pitch and playing confidently and they do the business? Do you eat your hat then?

I don't see why there's a need to eat my hat?

We don't have enough goals in the side regardless of if them two are scoring.

We don't have (good) depth in midfield (albeit that is down to injuries in part). We don't have any depth at the back.

That doesn't change straight away.

There is nothing wrong with stating Brands has failed in some aspects of his job so far. Because he has.

It doesn't mean I want him sacked. I just want him to do better. And this summer he should have done.

DOF role: it doesn't work for this club. Not needed. Scrap it. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. It's cost us half a billion quid since it was introduced and we've been through a handful of managers, destabilising the club and costing more cash.

Scrap it. It's wrecking this club. It's bankrupting it and putting us in danger. Sack Brands and sack Silva if need be. Then hire a manager with sole control.

This is not working. No plan, no accountability, no way to run this club.

Jury’s out for me. The manager has his faults but if he wants to play 433 then he needs the players to do that and players to cover those positions in the squad. I don’t think he’s got that in the key areas of CB and centre midfield. To not replace Zouma or Jagielka is frankly incompetence.

DOF role: it doesn't work for this club. Not needed. Scrap it. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. It's cost us half a billion quid since it was introduced and we've been through a handful of managers, destabilising the club and costing more cash.

Scrap it. It's wrecking this club. It's bankrupting it and putting us in danger. Sack Brands and sack Silva if need be. Then hire a manager with sole control.

This is not working. No plan, no accountability, no way to run this club.
It’s not working because Moshiri has insisted on picking the managers first and then getting in a DOF, instead of the other way round. It doesn’t help that the first guy he picked wasn’t even a DOF! I think there’s massive question marks over Moshiri’s judgement in footballing matters.

I don't see why there's a need to eat my hat?

We don't have enough goals in the side regardless of if them two are scoring.

We don't have (good) depth in midfield (albeit that is down to injuries in part). We don't have any depth at the back.

That doesn't change straight away.

There is nothing wrong with stating Brands has failed in some aspects of his job so far. Because he has.

It doesn't mean I want him sacked. I just want him to do better. And this summer he should have done.

No but I’m saying you think he failed to bring a striker in. What if Kean starts scoring under a decent manager, has he not then filled the remit of bringing in a striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.