2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got them playing when there was nothing to play for Dave, stop making excuses and wake up to the fact that the manager should not be having this squad sitting 4th from bottom having lost to 2 of the promoted sides. A good manager doesn’t dwell on players not there, he adapts to work with those he has, you were too stubborn to admit Martinez’ faults and you’re shifting blame again when you know otherwise
This isn't a Martinez-redux for me. Not even close as managers.

I'd accept him going tomorrow, but that would be a poor decision which does not reflect where the TRUE fault lies. It's Brands.
....we couldn’t keep either. Zouma was on loan and Chelsea wouldn’t sell, Gueye wanted to go so he went.

They went, that isn’t the issue. Replacing them is the issue.

I think (I don’t know) Tomori was in the bag as a loan replacement for Zouma, but Chelsea losing David Luis at the death scuppered the move. The criticism can rightly be that there was no last minute contingency, but I’m happy we were not held to ransom by Manchester United who wanted us to sign deadwood on a permanent.

Gbamin is the Gueye replacement. Not a like for like replacement, but a player who might give us something different. He might be outstanding, he might be rubbish but he’s come in for Gueye and we don’t know yet. It’s not Brands fault he’s injured.

Biggest disappointment for me (with Brands) is Kean. I hoped he’d have an immediate impact. I’m happy with Brands, but I agree the signings in this window still have something to prove.

Regardless of personnel, Silva should still have the team organised. The fixtures have been kind, but we’re not defensively sound and we don’t offer a threat. A top manager still ticks points over, especially against ordinary opposition.

Bit of both for me, we've a dreadfully threadbare defence which desperately needed strengthening. Midfield is open to question as Gbamin is crocked. Delph might be okay, but isn't amazing currently. However, good manager is resourceful and finds a way, changes tactic, wins ugly. Silva doesn't or will not.

The other factor is the deadwood. Brands can be implicated for not moving some on, but I'll give benefit of the doubt here as I fully understand why clubs aren't falling calling themselves to snap up our utterly useless wastrels on silly money.

Urgh, it is a mess.

I posted this in another thread:

Last season:

Everton away win v Leicester
Everton draw away v Chelsea
Everton draw at home v Liverpool
Everton win at home v Chelsea
Everton win at home v Arsenal
Everton win at home v United
Everton draw away v Spurs

Talk all you want about tactics and method. For me, the players (and who bought them) are highest on the hierarchy of blame.

...we are currently a weaker side than last season, but I stand by my point that the manager sets his teams up, the Manager is accountable for performance on the pitch. If the team isn’t performing, it’s the managers fault.

...we are currently a weaker side than last season, but I stand by my point that the manager sets his teams up, the Manager is accountable for performance on the pitch. If the team isn’t performing, it’s the managers fault.
Because Brands sold a key player in Gueye and bought tosh.

Moshiri isn't good enough for EFC, Brands isn't good enough for EFC and Silva isn't good enough for EFC.

All three need to sling it.

...we don’t know he’s bought tosh, certainly not until Gbamin is up and running and we definitively know about Kean. Until then, Silva has to work with what we’ve got and he’s not doing very well.
I'm looking at tosh, I have no idea what you're looking at.

Has a lot to answer for.

But ultimately he has been appointed as the man for the long-term plan and so should stay.

But he did a crap job this summer. It's reflecting now.

That being said, it wasn't so bad that we should be where we are now, which is why Silva needs to go.

We were scrambling round on deadline day bidding for Marcus rojo. We put in a useless bid for zaha then walked away. We bought our players last minute again. Nothing has changed, but for some reason this fella gets some protection because he wears a good suit and has a steely glare.

Has a lot to answer for.

But ultimately he has been appointed as the man for the long-term plan and so should stay.

But he did a crap job this summer. It's reflecting now.

That being said, it wasn't so bad that we should be where we are now, which is why Silva needs to go.

Overmars is twice the DOF this duffer is.

We got the wrong Eredivise DOF - story of Moshiri's life

Status
Not open for further replies.