• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still admire Moyes but I wouldn't have him back.
He's been a failure since he left Goodison and I firmly believe you should never go back.
Just look at HK's returns for a start.
I think the rule changes mean the defence first type tactics dont work as well. Moyes, Jose etc. The game does not suit them now. Hence Jose's utter failure at Man U with all the cash he could ever want. Mind you, living in Salford Quays must be tough as well.

I think the rule changes mean the defence first type tactics dont work as well. Moyes, Jose etc. The game does not suit them now. Hence Jose's utter failure at Man U with all the cash he could ever want. Mind you, living in Salford Quays must be tough as well.
He won two trophies being an 'utter failure' and never lived in Salford Quays - just saying.

Most of Moyes' teams would destroy our current first 11 and have them all crying, begging for the game to end.

Ok, slight exaggeration but I just want to see some passion from our current players.

I’d back a Moyes 11 as they are now to see the current first team off. Genuinely think Arteta Cahill Osman Pienaar even now would have too much for the likes of Schneiderlin and Siggurdson

People need to turn it in with all the Moyes lark, unless it’s a wind-up. If that’s a ‘type’ of style/manager that some are wanting then I’d say that’s genuinely fair enough (solid pragmatic approach); then we should be in for the modern equivalent which I’d say is perhaps Sean Dyche. As others have said I’m not denigrating Moyes time here overall or the Best 11 we could put together from his tenure which would be excellent, it’s just that all that is very much in the past and a returning Moyes would not be the one we remember from his best days here- simple as.

People need to turn it in with all the Moyes lark, unless it’s a wind-up. If that’s a ‘type’ of style/manager that some are wanting then I’d say that’s genuinely fair enough (solid pragmatic approach); then we should be in for the modern equivalent which I’d say is perhaps Sean Dyche. As others have said I’m not denigrating Moyes time here overall or the Best 11 we could put together from his tenure which would be excellent, it’s just that all that is very much in the past and a returning Moyes would not be the one we remember from his best days here- simple as.

How do you know that. His knowledge and experience gained since leaving would be massive and I believe we would have an improved Moyes from his time here. Dyche isn't the worst shout but he's only ever been at Burnley, he has the right credentials but again your hiring a manager without experience of managing a big club.

He won two trophies being an 'utter failure' and never lived in Salford Quays - just saying.
He lived at The Lowry for ages. Not challenging for the title at one of the two biggest clubs on the planet is failure I think. Especially as he considers himself so good. Not a patch on Fergie as it turned out.

How do you know that. His knowledge and experience gained since leaving would be massive and I believe we would have an improved Moyes from his time here. Dyche isn't the worst shout but he's only ever been at Burnley, he has the right credentials but again your hiring a manager without experience of managing a big club.
Yikes

I cant help but think we are left with no other option. He will keep us up and give him a few transfer windows and we will be in the mix again

At this point, yes. My rationale behind this is that he will bring back some structure to the team and every week we will have a way of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.