Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Good advice. That was pretty much how my girlfriend spoke to me last night. Just said you've made a mistake and annoyed some people who have every right to feel messed about, but you've explained yourself, it's not the end of the world and at least you recognize how you brought the problem on yourself.

Organiser guy still wants to have a "serious chat" though. So that'll be fun.

Sorry but these organisers sound like stiffs. Real world happens, sometimes we can’t afford stuff, they’re blowing it up IMO.

@MrD You've hit the nail on the head, only you can fix you. It takes a very long time for people to realise that, you have come a long way in a short space of time. Put your daughters welfare first and i promise you it will all fall into place.

If you want my advice i'd avoid dating for a while until you get your head right. Women will likely only make you more confused about what direction you should be heading in, thats my personal viewpoint. Good luck.

No ones sick of you buddy. Stick around :)
Thanks mate
Not at all mate.

Go back through your recent posts, they’ve been really up beat.

This is just a blip mate. We all mess up from time to time.

You can bounce back from this ;)
Thanks mate
Of all the things on the internet that I'm sick of, this isn't one of them.
Hehe, cheers
Keep going mate. The trend is upwards. Regret is only useful if you learn from it. If you feel responsible, then make sure you improve and grow in way that ensures it doesn't happen again.

But don't let anybody make you feel you're useless and have nothing to offer. I spent too long in that hole and theres nothing good down there.
Very true. I've learnt my lesson. Just gotta ty and avoid the same mistakes. Cheers
You dont deserve to feel bad mate. Stick around and keep posting.
Thanks mate
@MrD You've hit the nail on the head, only you can fix you. It takes a very long time for people to realise that, you have come a long way in a short space of time. Put your daughters welfare first and i promise you it will all fall into place.

If you want my advice i'd avoid dating for a while until you get your head right. Women will likely only make you more confused about what direction you should be heading in, thats my personal viewpoint. Good luck.
Dating seems to be avoiding me to be honest. Had no luck anyway. But yeah, probably a daft thing to jump into when i can't even look after myself yet! Need a shower! :Blink:
Anyone used cbd oil? Any feedback? Seems a intresting drug
Tried it, had no effect on me at all. Heard amazing things about it. Think the expensive stuff seems to work for people. Cheaper stuff has the taste of it but maybe isn't as effective.

Thanks for all the advice and kind words lads. Mean a lot to me

Thanks mate
Thanks mate
Hehe, cheers
Very true. I've learnt my lesson. Just gotta ty and avoid the same mistakes. Cheers
Thanks mate
Dating seems to be avoiding me to be honest. Had no luck anyway. But yeah, probably a daft thing to jump into when i can't even look after myself yet! Need a shower! :Blink:
Tried it, had no effect on me at all. Heard amazing things about it. Think the expensive stuff seems to work for people. Cheaper stuff has the taste of it but maybe isn't as effective.

Thanks for all the advice and kind words lads. Mean a lot to me
Top notch multiquoting there

Had an eventful last few days.

Went to my first class for Level 2 counselling last night. It went well I felt, very diverse group of people and we all introduced ourselves and spoke with lots of passion as to why we were each doing the course. We had an introduction as to what counselling essentially is and what it will involve, the nuts and bolts basics really. We were then put into groups of 4 and did a little exercise, me and the three people I was with mixed a bit and got a nice vibe going. Really enthusiastic about next week.

I deserve to feel like this. I'm sure you're all sick of me, I'm sick of myself!
If people were to get sick of you and sick of reading about people's problems then this thread wouldn't exist, let alone have almost 900 pages. What you are dealing with at the moment is exactly why this thread is here, you seem to be doing alot better now than you were a while back. Things will get easier for you still raw at the moment but it will improve with time.

Update, 6 weeks on. He's been doing really well on the medication and he continues to improve. He's now desperate to transfer schools and start a fresh. He hasn't gone back to school yet as he won't go back to his old school. Our appeal date was next Wednesday and that was going to be a massive day for us as a family. However, we got a phone call on Thursday to say he now has a place at the new school. He's really happy and wants to move on now. We are still waiting for a date and I fear any issues he might have may cause a setback but I'm just hoping he can start school, settle in and get on with his life. This has weighed on the whole family for the last three years now and we just want to be happy again.

Thanks again to all who've offered advice and support.

My lad started at his new school on Monday. He's not been to school for over 6 months and even before that his attendance wasn't good. At one point he'd not left the house for nearly 3 months. Despite that he's done a full week, done incredibly well and enjoyed it. It's gone far better than we could have imagined and I just hope this continues. Its been a strange week as its brought back some of the worries/memories of earlier this year whereby I'm worried during the day, has he gone to school, how was it, any issues etc. I'm not sure that will go away for a good while and part of me will always fear some form of regression.

Six months ago we were in a dark place and a hit a low of sleeping on a pull out bed in hospital with a suicidal 13 year old son. We were lost, had little support and no idea how we would wake from a nightmare that had pretty much gone on for two years. Support from friends was good but close family didn't understand. We withdrew as a family, stopped going out, attending family occasions etc. We couldn't really say why as it's not something you shout about. My wife was off work sick and it really felt like we were going nowhere. However, we stuck to it and we pushed CAMHS, the GP, the Psychiatrist until we got the help we needed. Today, he's improved dramatically, he's back in school and my wife is back in work full time. A few months back I was offered a promotion and my wife had the chance to go for one. We decided she wasn't in a good enough place to cope with that so we passed but I took mine as I felt I could manage and didn't want to pass on it. That's proved to be the right decision.

So I guess in summary, if you are in a bad spot right now and can't imagine a way out then don't give up hope. Seek help and support. It is out there. It can get better.

Once again, thanks for all the support.

My lad started at his new school on Monday. He's not been to school for over 6 months and even before that his attendance wasn't good. At one point he'd not left the house for nearly 3 months. Despite that he's done a full week, done incredibly well and enjoyed it. It's gone far better than we could have imagined and I just hope this continues. Its been a strange week as its brought back some of the worries/memories of earlier this year whereby I'm worried during the day, has he gone to school, how was it, any issues etc. I'm not sure that will go away for a good while and part of me will always fear some form of regression.

Six months ago we were in a dark place and a hit a low of sleeping on a pull out bed in hospital with a suicidal 13 year old son. We were lost, had little support and no idea how we would wake from a nightmare that had pretty much gone on for two years. Support from friends was good but close family didn't understand. We withdrew as a family, stopped going out, attending family occasions etc. We couldn't really say why as it's not something you shout about. My wife was off work sick and it really felt like we were going nowhere. However, we stuck to it and we pushed CAMHS, the GP, the Psychiatrist until we got the help we needed. Today, he's improved dramatically, he's back in school and my wife is back in work full time. A few months back I was offered a promotion and my wife had the chance to go for one. We decided she wasn't in a good enough place to cope with that so we passed but I took mine as I felt I could manage and didn't want to pass on it. That's proved to be the right decision.

So I guess in summary, if you are in a bad spot right now and can't imagine a way out then don't give up hope. Seek help and support. It is out there. It can get better.

Really happy for you mate. That's great to hear. Hopefully this is the start of the rest of your lives. :)

Genuinely, really pleased for you. Your son is lucky to have great caring parents, not all kids have that. I hope he has many happy years ahead of him.