2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I completely agree but I don't know why you're trying to make excuses for the miss, An absolute sitter nothing more nothing less and we move on.
Also the difference with Sterling is he can get 15-20 a season.

Oh dear, someone clearly hasn't been watching Sterling's career over the years. Anyway, Sterling has only got into double figures twice in the premiership and that was recently. Sterling wasn't known for his finishing and was heavily criticised by fans. He has worked on his weakness and now getting double figures in the premiership.

Oh dear, someone clearly hasn't been watching Sterling's career over the years. Anyway, Sterling has only got into double figures twice in the premiership and that was recently. Sterling wasn't known for his finishing and was heavily criticised by fans. He has worked on his weakness and now getting double figures in the premiership.
I wasn't on about his Liverpool days, While Sterling missed terribly he'll get you at least 10+ goals under Pep at least.
We can't afford that luxury sadly because we're relying on DCL/Richarlison/Gylfi to do it all and when DCL misses easy chances like that, it hurts us badly.
It was a terrible miss and I don't know how people can dress it up or make excuses like he hit it first time but we move on and I'm slowly getting over it.

I wasn't on about his Liverpool days, While Sterling missed terribly he'll get you at least 10+ goals under Pep at least.
We can't afford that luxury sadly because we're relying on DCL/Richarlison/Gylfi to do it all and when DCL misses easy chances like that, it hurts us badly.
It was a terrible miss and I don't know how people can dress it up or make excuses like he hit it first time but we move on and I'm slowly getting over it.

Even in Sterling's early city days he struggled to get goals in the premiership. Sorry I stand by my earlier point.

Didnt he go nearly a light year without scoring for England as well?
He scored twice in his first 45 Internationals.

He's scored 8 in his last 8.

It's only last season and this that his goals and assists stats have improved so much. But then again he isn't 25 yet it's no surprise really.

Comes at pace, hits it first time, 4 players in front of him.

He should have scored but lets not pretend its Ronny Rosenthal hitting the bar from a yard out with an empty goal in front of him. Its hardly one that's going down in folklore is it?
You can see from the photos he hasn’t got chance to adjust his feet. He cost 1.5m he has proven good value, bagged 4 goals this season - is he world class? Nope! Is he our best option? Yes. That’s not his fault.
He could bag 15 goals this season. That will be more than Kean.

Over egg it all you want...it wasn’t a terrible miss.

It was outstanding goalkeeping although I realise you have you’re blinkers one to this and you’ll keep banging the same boring drum.

Over egg it all you want...it wasn’t a terrible miss.

It was outstanding goalkeeping although I realise you have you’re blinkers one to this and you’ll keep banging the same boring drum.
What blinkers? It's 100% is a terrible miss. I like the lad but I'm not gonna make excuses when he misses easy chances like that, The whole right side is a gaping hole for him to stick it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.