2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Silva does go, we 100% have to go for Arteta.

This isn't just blind faith talking. I genuinely want Silva to do well.

But Arteta - this is from people involved with City I've spoken to recently for work - is genuinely talked about as one of the best out there.

Anybody who has an Athletic sub, check out Sam Lee's piece today. Hits the nail on the head and goes along with the (albeit limited) convos I've had as well.

No guarantee he'd come, but he's got all the potential it seems. Whether he still needs time to hone as a manager rather than a coach, remains to be seen.

Will replace Pep, was told that by someone who works for city that the plan was to develop him. Took it with a pinch of salt but with him not going to Arsenal and now pep saying he expects him to succeed him.

You're right though, Arteta so highly rated in football. Would have been ideal really if he transitions to being number 1 in charge well.

Can we not go for a completely unproven manager for the umpteenth time and instead start acting like a club with money and go for someone with a track record?

Please?

Our last 3 have all had PL experience. There is no manager out there that guarantees success, other than the elites like Guardiola, Allegri, Mourinho (even Jose is debateable), etc who we cannot attract.

Arteta is the exciting and forward thinking choice. For once could we please bin off experienced managers from the PL merry go round and try something different which has could go very right.

Can we not go for a completely unproven manager for the umpteenth time and instead start acting like a club with money and go for someone with a track record?

Please?

I know you know this but for what we are trying to achieve, there is obviously no guarantee that this will be successful either. See Pellegrini at West Ham.

Added to that it’s all about timing, who is actually available?

Allegri wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole, pretty sure Mourinho wouldn’t either.

an assistant manager who has served under Pep doesn’t actually sound that bad in all honesty.

I know you know this but for what we are trying to achieve, there is obviously no guarantee that this will be successful either. See Pellegrini at West Ham.

Added to that it’s all about timing, who is actually available?

Allegri wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole, pretty sure Mourinho wouldn’t either.

an assistant manager who has served under Pep doesn’t actually sound that bad in all honesty.

Why?

You're telling me it's absolutely impossible to approach Mourinho and say "here's a good contract, here's money to spend, come here and prove your critics wrong." and there's absolutely NO chance he'd be tempted by that?

We're one of the top twenty richest clubs in the world. We're the seventh richest in England. We need to start acting like it.

So no, I'll have to disagree with you - Manchester City's assistant manager DOES sound that bad in all honesty. It's small time. A manager who hasn't managed a day in his life, suddenly managing one of the richest clubs in world football.

Just... no.

Will replace Pep, was told that by someone who works for city that the plan was to develop him. Took it with a pinch of salt but with him not going to Arsenal and now pep saying he expects him to succeed him.

You're right though, Arteta so highly rated in football. Would have been ideal really if he transitions to being number 1 in charge well.

So was Steve Round and Rene Meulensteen.

Our last 3 have all had PL experience. There is no manager out there that guarantees success, other than the elites like Guardiola, Allegri, Mourinho (even Jose is debateable), etc who we cannot attract.

Arteta is the exciting and forward thinking choice. For once could we please bin off experienced managers from the PL merry go round and try something different which has could go very right.

Arteta would need time, something our fanbase isnt willing to give any manager.

Why?

You're telling me it's absolutely impossible to approach Mourinho and say "here's a good contract, here's money to spend, come here and prove your critics wrong." and there's absolutely NO chance he'd be tempted by that?

We're one of the top twenty richest clubs in the world. We're the seventh richest in England. We need to start acting like it.

So no, I'll have to disagree with you - Manchester City's assistant manager DOES sound that bad in all honesty. It's small time. A manager who hasn't managed a day in his life, suddenly managing one of the richest clubs in world football.

Just... no.

lol lol lol

Why?

Just... no.

I’d love Mourinho, if there’s any chance we could land him then we should be going all guns blazing.

He will probably be waiting for the first CL giant to get in trouble though and slot in there.

Just think it’s not that realistic to land a manager of that calibre.

Arteta would need time, something our fanbase isnt willing to give any manager.

That's part of my thinking. The next boss, whoever it may be, needs time. So we need to appoint someone with a connection who will be afforded the time. Almost like a Lampard scenario.

Of course there will be one or two boo boys spouting nonsense cause he left. But overall I think he's the best option out there to help refind our identity, which disappeared somewhere in Martinez second season, and has rapidly drifted further and further away.

That's part of my thinking. The next boss, whoever it may be, needs time. So we need to appoint someone with a connection who will be afforded the time. Almost like a Lampard scenario.

Of course there will be one or two boo boys spouting nonsense cause he left. But overall I think he's the best option out there to help refind our identity, which disappeared somewhere in Martinez second season, and has rapidly drifted further and further away.

After our first defeat people would be bringing up his Arsenal days.

It really wouldnt work and I doubt Brands would appoint a manager who hadnt managed a single game.

That'll be most afforded to a manager who has some credentials.

The Jose shouts make me giggle everytime tho.

You are talking about the greatest manager of the last 20 years, a man who would be coveted by every single team in world football.

"if you offer him massive wages he would come"
Jose has been on 15m a year for the last 10 years, money is not something he is desperate for.
"give him a big transfer fund"
We have spent 86m over 3 transfer windows, just imagine telling Mourinho he would have 30m a window to spend.

Why on earth would he want to spend 2 or 3 years building Everton up to a force, when he can just wait for a job that lets him challenge tomorrow.

Please stop with the Jose shouts lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.