2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers In

Until next week and it'll be back to Howe or Pellegrini maybe Wilder if he gets a decent win
Ha ha. Very true.
regarding Leicester, they are doing better than us at the moment and have had a tougher run of games.

First game of season VAR did them a big favour or they lose to wolves at home.
Then they go to Chelsea and are one nil down at half time and Chelsea had also missed a few other really good chances 2 or 3 and Leicester ain’t coming back.

Bournemouth at 1-1 Tielemans should be off for a shocking challenge and they go on to win 3-1, I’m sure Tielemans scores one of the goals or had an assist.
Spurs are a mm from 2-0 which would have been game over. Today while they most likely still win 11 v 11. Against 10 in the 2nd half makes it a formality.

They’ve also picked mainly the best 11 every week, Maddison was out today. If They have a few injuries to big players and that will have a huge impact, they also have no cover at CB a bit like us.

At this moment they look certainties to finish above us, but things can turn quickly.

Didn’t just win, but broke records in ‘a farmers league’.

People slate the SPL, it’s not quite the Greek Super league, I’ll grant you that.

They had no competition that’s why, it is literally Celtic then everyone else, none of the teams including Rangers push them close, they try then Celtic push away second half of every season

Aren't we like 5th or something in that since Rodgers took over table?

SILVA BACK IN

No idea. I havent seen any table. But if there is it would have been on the back of the last 3 months last season after the poor start.
Leicester have hit it since the minute rodgers took over. And they currently look light years better than us.
There really is nothing wrong in saying he looks to be doing a great job there. This is not a rodgers silva loyalty thread. They look all round better prepared and better than us. Thats it.

Ha ha. Very true.
regarding Leicester, they are doing better than us at the moment and have had a tougher run of games.

First game of season VAR did them a big favour or they lose to wolves at home.
Then they go to Chelsea and are one nil down at half time and Chelsea had also missed a few other really good chances 2 or 3 and Leicester ain’t coming back.

Bournemouth at 1-1 Tielemans should be off for a shocking challenge and they go on to win 3-1, I’m sure Tielemans scores one of the goals or had an assist.
Spurs are a mm from 2-0 which would have been game over. Today while they most likely still win 11 v 11. Against 10 in the 2nd half makes it a formality.

They’ve also picked mainly the best 11 every week, Maddison was out today. If They have a few injuries to big players and that will have a huge impact, they also have no cover at CB a bit like us.

At this moment they look certainties to finish above us, but things can turn quickly.

I watched leicester at chelsea. The 2nd half they battered chelsea. With some really good play aswell.
You can pick out if and buts in all games. We beat watford. The team getting tonked by everyone. At home with a deflected goal.
See. Its easly done.
They are sittng 3rd with the points on the board and playing well.
If Everton were sitting 3rd right now and playing like that we'd be creaming over silva. Wether it lasts who knows. But he's doing it.
Sounding bitter for some reason.

I watched leicester at chelsea. The 2nd half they battered chelsea. With some really good play aswell.
You can pick out if and buts in all games. We beat watford. The team getting tonked by everyone. At home with a deflected goal.
See. Its easly done.
If Everton were sitting 3rd right now and playing like that we'd be creaming over silva. Wether it lasts who knows. But he's doing it.
Sounding bitter. Maybe your a closet red on here creaming over Rodgers.

Good luck to Leicester they are playing well, but things have definitely gone in there favour in more than one game. Abs would they have battered Chelsea at 2 or 3 nil down.

See. Its easly done.

What does “with a deflected goal” even mean? Do deflected goals not count? Is it meant to cheapen the value of the goal? Would the same logic work if we got beat 1-0 with a deflected goal?

Good luck to Leicester they are playing well, but things have definitely gone in there favour in more than one game. Abs would they have battered Chelsea at 2 or 3 nil down.

couldnt care less about his connection to liverpool. Im not obsessed by them.
He's a better manager than silva. Some of the blind following of this comparison is pretty cringe.

No offence mate but accusing someone of being a RS because they rate a former manager of theirs is a bit childish.

So no one can rate Klopp or say Mane or Van Dijk would be fantastic playing for us etc?

What does “with a deflected goal” even mean? Do deflected goals not count? Is it meant to cheapen the value of the goal? Would the same logic work if we got beat 1-0 with a deflected goal?

Fair point but I think he’s suggesting we were lucky, maybe so? My concern is that we haven’t looked convincing for the duration of any game this season. City was arguably one of our better performances and we got chinned 3-1 at home. Jags was on before the Sheff Utd game saying about the amount of squad turnover and how disrupting it is. I hope to hell we get it together and put another 5 on Burnley next week.

See. Its easly done.

No, I agree, Leicester have started very well and made some very good signings, whether Rodgers is a good manager, well im not sure, he did very well with them over the park and would have won the title if not for a total implosion in the last few games.

Its still very early days yet, but they were Champions only a few years ago.

Vardy is 32 and relies soley on pace, so long term im not that concerned to be honest.

If you don’t know how stupid that statement makes you sound, you have serious problems lad.

Yes. But if the point was being made about lucky to get results then a single deflected goal at home to the team who are getting tonked by all could also say we were lucky. Deflected goals can be classed as lucky no?

Fair point but I think he’s suggesting we were lucky, maybe so? My concern is that we haven’t looked convincing for the duration of any game this season. City was arguably one of our better performances and we got chinned 3-1 at home. Jags was on before the Sheff Utd game saying about the amount of squad turnover and how disrupting it is. I hope to hell we get it together and put another 5 on Burnley next week.

We got chinned 3-1 at home because our goalkeeper decided to let a crap free kick go past him at 1-1 when we were looking like we had the momentum to go on and get something from the game. I’m not defending Silva because results haven’t been good enough, but you can’t legislate for one of your players doing that.

....I can’t see Silva going anywhere anytime soon. The club will know he’s not got his CB combination and they will know his Gueye replacement is injured. Ok, it’s still up to the manager to get his starting X1 organised and tough to beat, but unless we have <20 points at Christmas, he’ll be safe.

If we are on no better than 11 points after 10 games, he should be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.