2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes obviously the unrest comes from the fact we're not doing well. I just think there's some truth in the point that we have developed a habit of pressing the panic button when we don't really need to. I remember having conversations in here a couple of seasons ago when people were absolutely convinced we were going down. We were literally like 9th at the time and people were consistently arguing that we were the worst team in the league. It's weird.
I don’t disagree
I will say though, until that good run of home games at the backend of last season we had been pretty mediocre all season.
Martinez 1st season for me set the expectations running in the supporters, not just the going well but the style of football. Since that season we haven’t seen that level of football

We deserve good football with the money invested, what we have seen in the main under Silva has not been great

He won’t drive with the ball, but he will certainly get forward and make decent runs. If Tom has anything in his locker, his movement is excellent off the ball.

Its certainly new personal.

If it was a league game I might be impressed, but it seems like a "cup team" rather than an admission of guilt.

Dont get me wrong, it should work, I agree that we have different players playing different roles, but it all seems a bit samey.

I suppose we dont really have the players to be making wholesale formation changes currently.

Maybe when Andre and GBlammo come back.

Its certainly new personal.

If it was a league game I might be impressed, but it seems like a "cup team" rather than an admission of guilt.

Dont get me wrong, it should work, I agree that we have different players playing different roles, but it all seems a bit samey.

I suppose we dont really have the players to be making wholesale formation changes currently.

Maybe when Andre and GBlammo come back.
I agree there. At least Silva isn’t trying this against City as to say “look fans I did what you told me and we got bummed!” Our managers usually try something different in an impossible situation and revert to the status quo BS lineup.

And to silva’s defense, two starting midfielders were injured very early on in the season, but he should still have a solution. Injuries are part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.