2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to be given more time. We keep going round this vicious circle of sacking managers and getting nowhere. We're like Chelsea but without the trophies.

But what if he really is a dud. Look at some of those stats. Since he has managed in England his sides have never ever come back and won a game that they have gone behind in.
Thats quite scary.

I didn’t just suggest Moyes. Howe is clearly a very good young manager who could potentially be the new Robson. Wilder has been fantastic, though he may be hard to get.

Moyes would be easiest to get (free) and he proved he is still a good premier manager at West Ham.

I would back a British manager to get some grit back in the side instead of yet another journeyman from abroad just looking to bulk up their bank balance.
er mate, he had a 29% win rate at West Ham

Same problem as last season for me, to many players brought in to late in the window and an uphill task trying to gel and find cohesion. Rinse and repeat, zero lessons learned.

Thankfully Silva has proven he can make a team out of a dogs dinner.

Yes, but managers are individuals. Before Wenger would you not get a similar reaction about foreign coaches. If Brits can successfully manage F1 and Tour De France teams, what is so special about football management?

I wasnt really talking about British, we all know that Scottish managers at 1 point dominated things.

I just feel as tho its been a very long time since an English manager was considered a good manager.

er mate, he had a 29% win rate at West Ham
Stop talking rubbish. He walked into a s*** show, knocked them into shape and got them comfortably mid table.

In fact it was him converting Arnautovic to a striker from a winger that kept them up.

You could see how big the difference was when we thumped them that season when he came in, and they thumped us at the end of the season.

Stop talking rubbish. He walked into a s*** show, knocked them into shape and got them comfortably mid table.

In fact it was him converting Arnautovic to a striker from a winger that kept them up.

You could see how big the difference was when we thumped them that season when he came in, and they thumped us at the end of the season.
lol lol

I wasnt really talking about British, we all know that Scottish managers at 1 point dominated things.

I just feel as tho its been a very long time since an English manager was considered a good manager.
Most managers are average or poor. Some of their very best managers are English. Clough, Paisley, Robson.

The same thing applies to foreign managers. The vast majority to come to the EPL have been average or poor. But the big teams can cherry pick the best, while everyone else is left with long shots that have so far usually not worked out.

Same problem as last season for me, to many players brought in to late in the window and an uphill task trying to gel and find cohesion. Rinse and repeat, zero lessons learned.

Thankfully Silva has proven he can make a team out of a dogs dinner.
Really that's it? No problem with how we performing or tactics or same formation with the same players or his plan b of lob 3 attacking players on to try and get a goal who cares about formation am I right.

Status
Not open for further replies.