2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m done with him now.
I had high hopes but he’s no better than Martinez or Ronkoe.

If there isn’t anyone suitable out there (and i’m Not sure Mourinho is the answer) I would get Moyse back in. And im not joking!

Yes Moyes is exactly what we need to change us around from being the best of the also rans who get beat by lower league teams in cups, never show up in important games and never win bugger all!

At his absolute best (which is long, long gone) he would bring us more of the same as we are getting now.

Martinez gave us a semblance of hope for one whole season where we looked like we may actually start to push on before it went horribly wrong, every other manager has been dull and seemingly happy to just coast along where we are. Plucky little Everton. It's boring.

Royle didn't need anyone to help get him the sack.
Disgusting rat.

royle.png

It's time to change more than just the players. The system isn't working very often but it is seriously awful away from home. We've been trying the same thing for too long. The constants are the formation and Sigurdsson. One has to change. It can't keep being this or we are finishing 7-9th again.
Mate....do you seriously expect us to finish higher than 7-9th? We have 2 Arsenal rejects who play for us.....the team who are supposed to be the worst "top 6" side.

Mate....do you seriously expect us to finish higher than 7-9th? We have 2 Arsenal rejects who play for us.....the team who are supposed to be the worst "top 6" side.
Are we sure Iwobi is worse than Pepe who Arsenal paid an extra 30m for? Regardless of any of that yes this season it is totally realistic for Everton and Leicester (maybe West Ham, Wolves are doomed by Europa) to aim for higher than 7th. But that also requires the managers of those teams to get it right because they are still weaker squads overall. That's why it's tough to see Marco having no answers for the away form.

Also Watford has 30 shots against Arsenal today and Burnley of all teams had 18. Totally realistic to finish above that side even with Aubameyang being unreal.

Imma go ahead and say it. If the results aren’t stung together with confidence and fluidity... I’m happy to give the Mourinho project a start. I’m sorry I brought I’m him but at least he will give something on the sideline

Silva is not the problem. It's a 7th place squad talent-wise, no question. It's going to take another summer window unfortunately.

Too much is blamed on the manager. It all comes down to our players are just not good enough. We are a point off third however and everyone's struggling for consistency so far so theres plenty of time dor us to try to improve.

If it came down to it that we did get rid of Silva then the only candidate who we should get is Moyes. For me, he is a manager who can get his teams to go that extra 10%. Not sure I can say the same about any of the manager we've had since with the exception of big Sam. Sadly only myself and a few others can actually see this.

The manager must be blamed for sticking to one single formation for nearly two years when it's proven itself to not work on account of our midfield and striker(s) not being up for it in this system. He was able to more or less sort out the defence last season are a horrible first few months, but the old "if Everton had taken their chances..." was heard far too often after games in the match reports.

We could have beaten Liverpool at Anfield, we lost, and we could have beat them at Goodison, yet we didn't even register more than a shot or two on target at best. As soon as we go a goal behind we know we can kiss goodbye to any hope of getting all three points (last time we won from behind was over 2 years ago), and it's clear as day that, as soon as we concede to level up the game, the fans feel a defeat is on the way as they simply don't have any faith in the players to either see it out or grab a victory.

But worse than all of that, for me, is the lack of passion from the manager. I don't like to compare us to them, but look at the difference between Silva and Klopp and what he is able to get out of his players. The energy I see when I watch Liverpool is frightening, the players want to win for their manager and bust a gut week in, week out, to get the points even when they look up against it. When was the last time we saw one of our players break into an actual sprint? Wasn't it Calvert-Lewin last season when he tore down the left wing to be hauled down for a foul? That needs to be happening every game, but never does.

I genuinely think most, if not all, other managers in this division would have us playing better and, more importantly, getting more points out of the players we have; Pickford, Digne, Gomes, Delph, Richarlison, Bernard, Sigurdsson,

You look at us failing to get into leading positions against muck teams such as Bournemouth and look to the sidelines for some inspiration. And what are we met with? The manager sat on his chair looking at the ground, or stood up motionless with his arms folded. The players will respond to that in a similar, sluggish fashion. If he was active and shouting and demanding more from his players, you'd expect them to respond in a more suitable manner. The blame also has to fall on the rest of the staff sat there, Boa Morte, Ferguson et al.

I've never posted like this before, but I am desperately disappointed in us keeping faith with Silva and think we'll be nothing more than a club finishing 8th - 10th under his tenure.

Bournemouth away is always a tough place to go, I kept my trap shut on here after reading the drivel that we should spank them as were Everton and have a better squad. Howe is a good manager who somehow manages to get every scrap out of his players. He wont win every week but he has beaten better sides than us at his. Should Silva get the sack ?? Bee hive !! He's made mistakes...yup ! but the players are just as guilty for switching off. I should also mention... this season.. the best team of last has already lost twice to lesser sides...should Pep get the boot ?? He must of made mistakes..
Can we all strap them legs down and stop them jerking knees.

Last year when there were calls for his head, I was very critical of him. We move into this season with a squad assembled that should be trying to challenge the top 4.
The concerns I had last season are resurfacing, and they are simply around motivation, focus and tactics. I honestly believe we will have games were we look a great outfit, but we will have more games were we look inept and simply look clueless.
Still early in the season to judge, but we need to shake things up as this isn’t a great start

Status
Not open for further replies.