The stench of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching today it really hit home for me,no fight, no desire, no commitment,I heard a blue on the radio coming away from our last abject away performance at Villa bemoaning the fact we will allow players to perform maybe once in three or four games,Siguurdsonn being his case in point,I think he is right,most of our players are in a "comfort zone"knowing almost certainly their places are guaranteed,did you notice the first Bournemouth goal today? possible offside and handball involved in the build up, it went to VAR,did you see any of our lot trying to influence the decision on the pitch, nah they just shrug their shoulders in acceptance, it grieves me to say it but the shower across the park would have crowded/haranged those officials to the point that Oliver sat in the VAR Studio would or at least may have disallowed it, again no desire, just an acceptance of our fate, we concede the second soft goal, then almost immediately the third, game over, how many times has this happened?Mentally weak players with an unprofessional attitude, the Manager slumped in his seat again with his inevitable acceptance of defeat, I was watching the game on NBC,even prior to the game they were talking of two of our signings Delph and Iwobi and asking the question, have they found their level at Everton?,media wise these days I'm afraid we just exist to "make up the numbers".These two away games Villa we could even have topped the table(if only for a day!!)and today a great chance to go third(blown again!!)just sum up the Everton of the last twenty years, golden opportunities to actually kick on as a club totally wasted by players who do not possess a "winners" mentality, bottle every opportunity,I would love more than anything Silva and the team to prove me wrong, but I just think we will see the odd decent game and play some OK football but the same old, same old will keep recurring,I don't know what we can do nowadays, maybe our "rot" is too deepset for us to change?,I can only suggest we actually bring in a "Nasty"winning Manager to finally rid us of this foul stench I am talking about, Mourinho or someone of his ilk if we offered really big dough?I don't know, just can't see this drought ending otherwise.
Seriously

It all comes down with the appointment of the right manager. Koeman only saw us as a stepping stone, his ego was so big that it was as though he was actually doing us a favour bring here.
Allardyce was the most uninspiring choice of a manager I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, his football was in the dark ages.
Silva at no point did I think he was the right man with his CV to take the club forward.
Moshiri can throw x hundreds of millions at the ‘problem’ and he has. But until he appoints the right manager at the helm, the performance we have witnessed today will continue to be all too common.
We need a manager with a winning mentality, who has a proven record of achieving success. Until we do we will continue to be mid table club.

Anyone that’s been watching Everton for any period of time knew EXACTLY what sort of Everton performance to expect today.

This. There should be a mathematical equation;

Everton chance of putting a marker down on the league table and giving hope to it's fans = expected disappointing result. Everton with realistically little to play for and the pressure is off - Everton win (though likely to disappoint further down the line once hope has been sufficiently built up).

Average and have been since 95. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

We can’t attract the top players or manager to push us to the next level so we are just stuck in the cycle of buying players who may come good and turn into top players. And players who are surplus to requirements at the top clubs.

Unfortunately the players who may come good will be snapped up by the top clubs and the players surplus to requirements aren’t good enough or we get them toward the end of their career.

Teams don't even need to play well to beat us, that's the most discouraging thing. In the 5 games we've played so far this season, Palace, Watford, Villa, Wolves and today against Bournemouth - every single one of those teams were rotten and played like it too. We were the better team in all matches (despite not playing particularly well ourselves) and have a clear edge in the quality of player at our disposal - yet we collected a very abject 7 points from that run of games and even the two games we won were by the odd goal.

We are so poor in both boxes, we pass up glorious chances (Sigurdsson set the tone for this in the third minute of the very first match at Palace when he somehow missed a shot from 8 yards and he and his teammates have carried this on every game so far). We also gift wrap goals for the opposition who don't have to work very hard to score, Bournemouth scored 3 goals today and every single one was down to us being poor than them doing anything good.

I think Moshiri will fire Silva if he finishes any lower than 7th this season - and with this set of players, if he can't finish 7th ahead of the rest of the crap in this league then his removal will be fully deserved.

he just needs another season mate. this isn't his mess

Majority of this side now is "his" team. Think this season he can be held accountable for results. I certainly don't get the "Silva out" shouts though. Disappointing result today, for sure, but it's not the first time in the PL era we've gone to the south coast and came back with a crap result.

Majority of this side now is "his" team. Think this season he can be held accountable for results. I certainly don't get the "Silva out" shouts though. Disappointing result today, for sure, but it's not the first time in the PL era we've gone to the south coast and came back with a crap result.
Thing is he leaves some of his team out and sticks with Sam and Koeman players.

I honestly worry he is keeping certain players out because Brands bought them

Status
Not open for further replies.