2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
No that's not what I'm saying. It's a strawman argument. I'm just saying that using tabloid gossip as 'evidence' for an argument, doesn't hold up.

I've heard people on here suggest that the transfer took so long because of negotiations with Juventus, but that doesn't really make much sense because Juventus were quite happy to let him go. In fact, they wanted him, Dybala and Higuain gone to raise money for Lukaku. Conte was quite open about needing to raise funds for that purpose, that's my evidence. So negotiations with Juventus over the fee would have been a doddle because they were happy to let him go - which is the point that Souness was making - why would you let such an obvious young talent go if you were convinced he was going to make the grade?.

It's my >guess< that the negotiations took so long because of negotiations with the player who was waiting for a better offer from a club with European Football. There might have been several clubs in that bracket who may have suggested to Kean and his agent that they were interested, but weren't prepared to make a firm offer for whatever reason, so he was waiting for those to come to fruition. If an offer of that ilk was forthcoming, then I'd wager Kean would have gone elsewhere.

In the end, our offer was the only firm one on the table and, with time running out, we threatened to pull out if Moise didn't commit. Which is why he signed on the dotted line just days before the window shut. Juventus were happy to accept an offer all along, so if we accept that part of the story, then the only really hold up can have been Kean.

In the end, it all worked out in our favour, Kean wanted 1st team Football, Juve got their money and we got our man. All parties happy.

Why would they let such a talented player go? Also please show me evidence that they were “ happy “ to let him go. He wouldn’t sign a contract , had one year left and was going to leave on a free if he didn’t sign so what choice did they have?

I guess you want evidence that he wasn’t going to sign and you probably believed Barkley was going to sign all along. Juve acted like a club that wanted to hang onto him but couldn’t so got a deal done to avoid him leaving for free.

I've heard people on here suggest that the transfer took so long because of negotiations with Juventus, but that doesn't really make much sense because Juventus were quite happy to let him go. In fact, they wanted him, Dybala and Higuain gone to raise money for Lukaku. Conte was quite open about needing to raise funds for that purpose, that's my evidence.
Conte? How does that make sense, he’s the Inter manager not Juve

Are people seriously questioning why Juventus would ‘let such a top talent go’ as a way of saying he’s not that good?

He got racially abused and his colleagues/manager hung him out to dry. Why would he stay there?

I really don’t get the mindset of some of our fans. Some are determined to put a negative spin on everything.

Are people seriously questioning why Juventus would ‘let such a top talent go’ as a way of saying he’s not that good?

He got racially abused and his colleagues/manager hung him out to dry. Why would he stay there?

I really don’t get the mindset of some of our fans. Some are determined to put a negative spin on everything.

What you have just said! plus he had a year left on his contract and Juve have about five strikers in front of him.

Juve have enough money to let him go, develop and buy him back if they wanted.

He was going to the RS that have always had good strikers and he would have been under pressure to fill their shoes. Keane has to be better than DCL which isn’t exactly hard
Crouch was never expected to fill any shoes over there. He was brought in as a completely different type of player.

The bottom line is strikers need to score - if they go 4,5,6 games without a goal they get pressure no matter what club they play for.

I believe Kean will be boss - doesn’t hide the fact the lad needs to bag soon.

Conte? How does that make sense, he’s the Inter manager not Juve

Sarri obvs!

No, I'm not saying he's not that good. I'm saying Juve clearly didn't believe he would be that good. That's upto Juve.

It's not a negative spin it's a matter of fact. I still believe he's going to be an excellent striker. I just don't believe that Juve did.

That's upto them. Plenty of clubs have been wrong about players in the past. Chelsea didn't rate Salah, Lukaku or De Bruyne all that highly.

If Juve truly thought he was going to be one of the best strikers in Europe, they would have done more to keep him, thats all.

Sarri obvs!

No, I'm not saying he's not that good. I'm saying Juve clearly didn't believe he would be that good. That's upto Juve.

It's not a negative spin it's a matter of fact. I still believe he's going to be an excellent striker. I just don't believe that Juve did.

That's upto them. Plenty of clubs have been wrong about players in the past. Chelsea didn't rate Salah, Lukaku or De Bruyne all that highly.

If Juve truly thought he was going to be one of the best strikers in Europe, they would have done more to keep him, thats all.
How do you know Juve didn’t do more to keep him?

I’d say the fact they were demanding a buy back clause says that they wanted him. Before you ask no I can’t prove that but you can’t prove the opposite either. How do you know Juve didn’t offer him £200k a week to stay?

Sarri obvs!

Uh, they got a first refusal option. They KNOW he’s got a great chance to be good, but they had to sell someone. They tried to sell several others.

Uh, they got a first refusal option. They KNOW he’s got a great chance to be good, but they had to sell someone. They tried to sell several others.
Barca have a buyback on Mina do you really think they will be even remotely interested in him.
Kean is a prospect at the moment, that's all. We didn't get him by beating the elite teams. fact is none of the big boys wanted him as he wouldn't get near the first team.

I`d love to have seen the reaction from the few on here who are starting to slag him, if he`d jibbed us for someone else.

They`d be howling from the roof about how we lacked ambition, small club mentality etc etc, yet are now starting to pipe up as he hasn`t scored in three games, two of which he was a sub lol

Weirdos.

Yep, but no one really wanted to pay the big wages for a lot of their 30+ players they were looking to offload, let’s not forget they swapped a superior RB in Cancelo for Danilo, I highly doubt that was a 100% footballing decision

How do you know Juve didn’t do more to keep him?

I’d say the fact they were demanding a buy back clause says that they wanted him. Before you ask no I can’t prove that but you can’t prove the opposite either. How do you know Juve didn’t offer him £200k a week to stay?

If they truly believed in his ability, they would have promised him more game time, promised him a place in the CL squad and given him a salary fitting his reputation and they would have kept him.

I believe (based on actual statements made by Sarri, agents and other Juve officials) that Juventus wanted rid of Kean all along (along with Higuain and Dybala who they couldn't sell) to fund other transfers - namely Lukaku / Icardi. Kean waited as long as he could for another team with European Football to make a serious offer, one wasn't forthcoming so (with days left in the window) he came to us.

You appear to believe that Brands went over there and bullied Juve into accepting a low-ball offer with no buy-back clause, for a player they were desperate to keep and Kean rejected loads of other top teams to come to us.

Nobody knows the real reasons he left Juventus, one can only guess. But your version of events doesn't appear likely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.