2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 in 82 for DCL. I'd say I'd rather a player score almost 1 in 4 rather than 1 in 8.

....when neither is much to write home about, it probably comes to a point where the manager considers what else they have to offer.

Just reading a report that Tosun turned down a Deadline Day move to Turkey after it had been sanctioned by Silva. It seems quite clear who Silva prefers, although I agree that neither offer much of a threat from a goalscoring perspective.

Amazed he is still here...why stay when you wont play???

Only logical explanation is £££
I don't get why people expect players to take less money to go somewhere else. You'd see out your contract at your job even if they were giving you no work if the only alternative was to make less elsewhere.

I don't get why people expect players to take less money to go somewhere else. You'd see out your contract at your job even if they were giving you no work if the only alternative was to make less elsewhere.

If you were doing meaningless work in your current job but were offered another on less money where you would be challenged and valued wouldnt you want to move?

As a multi millionaire...

I certainly would and have done so in the past.

i think its pride with tosun.. didn't want to go back to turkey where he is idolised as a failure
Fancy being idolised as a failure!
On a serious note, do fans have a role to play in letting unwanted players know in no uncertain terms that they are unwanted, to help persuade them out of the door?

Fancy being idolised as a failure!
On a serious note, do fans have a role to play in letting unwanted players know in no uncertain terms that they are unwanted, to help persuade them out of the door?
I don't think he is a bad player and he is a goal scorer but he doesn't fit the style we play ,I like the guy and his assist for Iwobi was from someone who knows the game but still it is all to no avail if Silva doesn't want him in the side.

....I don’t think it’s a case of taking less money with Tosun. I understand the deal he turned down in Turkey was a loan deal, so he would’ve been on at least the same monies as here. The apparent reason was he didn’t want to play for Galatasaray because they are a direct rival of his previous Turkish club, Besiktas.

Regardless, the key to getting rid of the deadwood, is negotiating them lucrative deals so that they don’t lose out financially. Tosun, for example, could go for a significantly reduced transfer allowing him to negotiate a huge signing fee that largely compensates the drop in salary. Similarly, Everton could give him a bonus payment.

Last edited:

....I don’t think it’s a case of taking less money with Tosun. I understand the deal he turned down in Turkey was a loan deal, so he would’ve been on at least the same monies as here. The apparent reason was he didn’t want to play for Galatasaray because they are a direct rival of his previous Turkish club, Besiktas.

Regardless, the key to getting rid of the deadwood, is negotiating them lucrative deals so that they don’t lose out financially. Tosun, for example, could go for a significantly reduced transfer allowing him to negotiate a huge signing fee that largely compensates the drop in salary. Similarly, Everton could give him a bonus payment.
I think the biggest trick is not signing them in the first place.

When you make a bad signing, the key is not to make it worse by throwing money at the bad signing like your suggesting here.

When you make a bad signing, the key is not to make it worse by throwing money at the bad signing like your suggesting here.

....it would be great to flog Tosun for similar to what we paid, but it’s likely we’ll have to take hit, it’s just a matter of how much. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, but more roundabouts to negotiate from the Walsh era.

I’d rather give him a chance at the moment than DCL. Dom has done absolutely nothing to convince me that there’s a striker in there. Tosun has scored goals, albeit in a lower quality league, but does know how to hit the back of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.