2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
....it would be great to flog Tosun for similar to what we paid, but it’s likely we’ll have to take hit, it’s just a matter of how much. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, but more roundabouts to negotiate from the Walsh era.

But the longer we wait, the less impact the hit makes to our accounts.

With the way player amortisation works anyway.

I do question whether this fella will ever score another goal.

But the longer we wait, the less impact the hit makes to our accounts.

With the way player amortisation works anyway.

I do question whether this fella will ever score another goal.
cant see him getting any game time other than carabao cup... if hes lucky

If you were doing meaningless work in your current job but were offered another on less money where you would be challenged and valued wouldnt you want to move?

As a multi millionaire...

I certainly would and have done so in the past.

Well if that's true then maybe the bland truth is that you and Tosun would do different things on the same situation.

In that case, if we paid him off, the accounts would take an immediate hit of the value of his last 3 years of the deal. Lets say that would be £15m.

If we keep him, the same accounts would show him costing £5m this year.

In that case, if we paid him off, the accounts would take an immediate hit of the value of his last 3 years of the deal. Lets say that would be £15m.

I can see why it kinda better that we do keep these no hopers.. it helps our longer term stratergy really.

soooo utterly frustrating

Well if that's true then maybe the bland truth is that you and Tosun would do different things on the same situation.

I may have structured that incorrectly, i meant Tosun: as a multi millionaire (hes in the double digits)...

However i do know a lot of wealthy guys and they choose the more interesting projects and where they can add value.

Same as i do...

If you enjoy what youre doing and getting recognition then you should perform better and get a better payoff in the end.

I dont know many people that would happily wave goodbye to millions, I doubt even billionaires would willingly say "You know what, keep the 3million".

You'd be surprised mate...i know a few chaps in the triple millions and im confident they would.

Otherwise why arent these players all in china?

Spot on

Amazed he is still here...why stay when you wont play???

Only logical explanation is £££

We are too soft as a club with the duds lurking around - people slated Koeman's treatment of Niasse but I would rather do that and send a message to the leeches sat doing nothing that they aint wanted than keep putting them in the matchday squad and it being all smiles on the training ground.

Thankfully should Bolasie leave on a permanent move next season it'll leave just Besic, Tosun, DCL and Sandro as the last of the wasters as Martina and Niasse's contracts expire so I believe.

If people offered me a contract of a life’s supply of gold and onyx then tried to palm me off with iron and coal, I’d sit tight because I’ve drawn the jackpot and nobody would convince me otherwise. You’re attacking the symptom not the root cause. They should never have been signed in the first place. The recruitment process was to blame. Thankfully, we seem to have addressed that failing, but have really suffered by getting it so badly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.