2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Tosun, he had a dry spell but I think he's good. Would do better against teams who sit back where he can be more involved in short passes and doesn't have to sprint and stretch the play. Certainly he could do that while Kean is adjusting

I like Tosun, he had a dry spell but I think he's good. Would do better against teams who sit back where he can be more involved in short passes and doesn't have to sprint and stretch the play. Certainly he could do that while Kean is adjusting
What do you mean good?

Hes `good' at football and earns millions - fair enough. He would be `good' in the championship/turkish football/scottish prem, he would be outstanding in DIV I.

At the bottom end of the prem he would be very average, just get you the odd goal. For a team trying to break into the top 6 he isn't average hes poor. There is no possible way a player with his pace, lack of link play would be a regular starter and you could expect to get anything like 6th place in the league.

Absolutely nothing personal for the fella he will be a multi millionaire through football but why do people want to keep players like this who will clearly not progress this club to were it wants to go?

I like the guys passion and determination.. but as people are saying, he's average in ability. Decent, physical, but he's not the answer for a team crying out for a natural goalscorer that could get 20+ a season. That being said, he's here for another few months at least. Let him battle it out with DCL for the backup role. Might be a decent sub to rattle defenders for the last 10 minutes of a match.

...yep, he’s ok but he’s just ok. Steve Walsh recruited him.

I actually prefer Niasse as an impact substitute.
Linker, Fowler, vardy, ... These are good finishers.
For me, Kean and DCL can fight for the right to start. In the event of injury I'd consider richy before I'd look at tosun or niasse.

Linker, Fowler, vardy, ... These are good finishers.
For me, Kean and DCL can fight for the right to start. In the event of injury I'd consider richy before I'd look at tosun or niasse.

...agree, I suspect Silva would shuffle the pack rather than start Tosun or Niasse. The fact he’s tried to move both players on says everything.

I still have this feeling he has a future to fulfill. It may take coming off the bench or cup ties but he has instinct. The wheels aren't there but I feel he can finish so still keeping a open mind.

I still have this feeling he has a future to fulfill. It may take coming off the bench or cup ties but he has instinct. The wheels aren't there but I feel he can finish so still keeping a open mind.

Finishing ability has looked decent. Biggest problem by far has been getting him into positions he can score. He doesn't seem to have the anticipation at this level.

He’s going to sit like DCL because even while adjusting, Kean is better.

...he came in and scored a few goals, but in his more recent appearances he also missed quite a few chances. 8 goals in 39 appearances doesn’t suggest he’s exactly prolific, the Manager won’t want the whole team model changing to compensate for Tosun’s obvious weakness.
10 in 82 for DCL. I'd say I'd rather a player score almost 1 in 4 rather than 1 in 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.