2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all hope that, you whopper. Why are you going on some kind of moral crusade because you feel like he's being over hyped and trying to talk down people who point out he's done good things beside scoring already?
Jesus, people are getting really angry today, think i'll come back tomorrow.

We all hope that, you whopper. Why are you going on some kind of moral crusade because you feel like he's being over hyped and trying to talk down people who point out he's done good things beside scoring already?

To be fair, that same courtesy isn't extended to our other young striker, so why should it count for Kean?

I personally think it should count for both of them. It's the double standard I can't stand. If we make that argument for Kean (Which I'm happy with) then we should do the same for DCL, otherwise it's just plain hypocrisy

To be fair, that same courtesy isn't extended to our other young striker, so why should it count for Kean?

I personally think it should count for both of them. It's the double standard I can't stand. If we make that argument for Kean (Which I'm happy with) then we should do the same for DCL, otherwise it's just plain hypocrisy
It's not double standard or hypocrisy at all. Calvert-Lewin has had 2 seasons to prove some striker qualities. Kean has had 2 starts.

If, after two seasons, Kean looks nowhere near the level of striker we need then, like DCL, we should again look elsewhere. I highly doubt that would be the case though. Anyone with half a brain can see he's much more of a goal threat than DCL.

Peak 'Everton that' with those Mancini comments today like, given the utter timing of them. Actually justifies Souness's comments somewhat despite the fact that he still clearly didn't have a clue.

Football, mate. :coffee:

It's not double standard or hypocrisy at all. Calvert-Lewin has had 2 seasons to prove some striker qualities. Kean has had 2 starts.

If, after two seasons, Kean looks nowhere near the level of striker we need then, like DCL, we should again look elsewhere. I highly doubt that would be the case though. Anyone with half a brain can see he's much more of a goal threat than DCL.

Or maybe we should just accept that ANY striker, regardless of age, weight, race, religion or taste in music is going to struggle scoring goals in this system because the system doesn't work?

Because I'm willing to bet you that if we didn't isolate the striker the way we do not only would Kean have scored by now but DCL would have scored as well

It's not exactly the same though because DCL has played about 100 games for us.

It's not really the same though because DCL has played about 100 games for us.

They have both played in the EXACT same system and have both met the EXACT same issues. Yet one gets excused for it and the other massacred

I'm willing to excuse them both and point the finger where it should be pointed, at Marco Silva for his tactical brain fart of having the striker so isolated

They have both played in the EXACT same system and have both met the EXACT same issues. Yet one gets excused for it and the other massacred

I'm willing to excuse them both and point the finger where it should be pointed, at Marco Silva for his tactical brain fart of having the striker so isolated
Although against Lincoln, DCL is not taking the ball on the half way line running at defenders bobbing and weaving and smashing the ball towards the goal (in this case the post)
That's the difference.

Kean has done no more and no less than DCL, but he’s had a couple of games at a new club.
He should start producing more, the more game time he gets and the more he gets used to the players.

But... I don’t think we do any of our strikers any favours. If you look at the amount of chances our actual CF get compared to the wingers or Gylfi, it’s no coincidence that whoever is CF gets a lot less, no matter who it is.

Now I'm quite fair to DCL but one has played about 200 minutes over 5 games and the other has appeared nearly 100 times. If it's too early to say Kean should be performing better, it's also too early to say the system is an issue with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.