2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is building a statue to him, but equally I don't think anyone would be criticising him off after 1 game.

There is a lot of adjustment needed for players at new clubs, let alone young players. I think we can afford him a little bit if time to adapt before writing him off can't we?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, No one is over hyping him they just like what they've seen so far.

Apparently 'I hope he starts scoring' is a foreign concept.

We all want him to score, Doesn't mean we can't get excited by his performances despite not scoring because you don't want to yet.
Of course, but on the same hand I can be reserved towards his output even though everyone wants me (or us as a whole) to be dead excited by it.

Variety is the spice of life as they say.

Squires gives Souness a shoeing. Lovely stuff

He's our best CF. He was still a bit lost about where to be positionally or so it seemed, but he'll be starting most of the way forward. Which is a good thing. He'll bang plenty in, just needs time. He's doing everything else.

You can tell he's desperate to make an impression, probably slightly to his detriment at the moment. I expect Silva will have noticed. Hopefully he'll be telling him to try to just relax and play his game and then the goals will come.

Apparently 'I hope he starts scoring' is a foreign concept.
No mate. I think we all hope he does, I just think the majority of people are willing to give him more than one game before saying he hasn't fulfilled his hype, which around a month ago you seemed to believe but now he hasn't scored in 1 game he's started in the PL, you've produced this:
No, I’m not really that bothered with Internet points matey, I’m saying that I’d like to see him actually kick on and start scoring. I know we aren’t used to that with our strikers.
Call it impatient or whatever. I just don’t think 1 shot in 10+ working a keeper is madly impressive.

We can settle for 8th again though
Aha, the excuses are coming thick and fast now aren’t they?

Then that’s the managements and our buying strategy to blame. If he’d had a longer preseason with us and built up those relationships maybe we’d see some production.

Right now he isn’t doing the do. Silva needs to think about what to do with him if he doesn’t score soon, because we won’t win matches with him constantly giving the ball away and whiffing shots ‘just’ wide. Granted the other options are slim, but as I say. I’d love a striker that can score goals. Kean at present has scored the same amount as Tony Hibbert.
I will call you a happy clapper. Swallowed the clubs PR hook line and sinker.
Good, because if you thought coming in and doing half a job was good you’d be skidding off into the distance.

Iwobi has come in and elevated us right away, Mina looks 3 times the player now he’s fit again, Delph looks like he’ll be the buy of the season. Digne is going to be the best left back to have ever played for the club. Keane doesn’t look like a disaster unfolding every time the ball comes close to him. Gomes is just Gomes.

So we are doing well, we need that striker position sorting though. Kean looks the most likely to be the break through, but he needs to start scoring. Sorry for not getting over excited about him ‘nearly’ scoring.

You can tell he's desperate to make an impression, probably slightly to his detriment at the moment. I expect Silva will have noticed. Hopefully he'll be telling him to try to just relax and play his game and then the goals will come.

You can see he is so desperate to score like. He probably should have played the ball to Richarlison when he went on that little run and got tackled in the box, Richie was on his own and it wasnt a difficult pass

7 team goals in the 2 games he has started is a good sign tho

No mate. I think we all hope he does, I just think the majority of people are willing to give him more than one game before saying he hasn't fulfilled his hype, which around a month ago you seemed to believe but now he hasn't scored in 1 game he's started in the PL, you've produced this:
Again, the common theme throughout them is he’s a good player. I want to see goals and not make half arsed excuses to try and excuse the lack of them. Hitting the post twice isn’t a positive for me!

Again, the common theme throughout them is he’s a good player. I want to see goals and not make half arsed excuses to try and excuse the lack of them. Hitting the post twice isn’t a positive for me!

Genuine question when was the 2nd time he hit the post?

I remember the Lincoln one like but not the other

Status
Not open for further replies.