2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the shouts coming out off Italy were that Kean has an attitude problem, looking at him when he's played it doesn't come across he has, time will tell I suppose.

He was getting racially abused in a game so gave it back to the racists, at which point his own captain had a go at him in the press

It's not surprising to me that shouts of his "attitude problem" then started getting made to be honest

Italy is a lovely country from my own personal experiences, but a young lad not just taking stuff like racism on the chin in a country where racism happens quite a bit at football tends to attract a certain reaction from those at the top, and it isn't a favourable one

Just before kick off Mourinho said we need to buy more Richarlisons and less Iwobis and Walcotts. The jist of what he was saying was that they were Arsenal rejects/not good enough for us to go beyond 6th. I thought this was particularly unfair on Iwobi who at 23 has loads of potential. Perhaps he was being honest or just trying to be controversial. I respect him for what he’s achieved as a manager and as a pundit he’s giving everyone what they expect. Souness on the other hand, is an absolute cretin.
Mourinho’s criticism of Digne was justified - but he comes across as someone who would easily lose the confidence of players he deems not good enough.

Yes it was uncomfortable listening to Souness, but I wasn’t overly offended, it’s just how he is. But thinking about what he was implying, did Juve think Kean is not going to be good enough or what? Wondering what the reason is that they would sell such a prospect relatively cheaply? Perhaps there isn’t a particular reason. Anyway, he looks strong, puts himself about and if we can provide some service I have no doubt the goals will come. My favourite thing he did yesterday was those ball skills during the warm up, superb. lol

And because I can’t be arsed going onto other threads, I was one who wasn’t thrilled by Delph’s signing, but he was tremendous yesterday. Can he stay fit? And Iwobi......never really noticed him do that much at the Arse, but he looks a top player, skilful, quick, good finisher, I like it.

He didn’t insinuate Kean had an attitude problem. He didn’t reference a bad attitude or unprofessionalism as far as I can remember either.

This is how these things fester. Some guy on Twitter trying to get a few RT’s. Notice how he doesn’t use actual quotes in his 1st tweet but still uses quotation marks for what he didn’t say. But then uses an actual quote in his 2nd tweet. Nonsense.

I’m all for slating a bloke who’s been racist, but not liking someone isn’t really enough to make those claims.
How is saying that Juventus have sold him for ‘other issues’ not related to football, and that the simple fact they’ve sold him ‘would suggest his off field activities aren’t the best’ not insinuating that he has an attitude problem? I’ll give you a clue, it is.

He was getting racially abused in a game so gave it back to the racists, at which point his own captain had a go at him in the press

It's not surprising to me that shouts of his "attitude problem" then started getting made to be honest

Italy is a lovely country from my own personal experiences, but a young lad not just taking stuff like racism on the chin in a country where racism happens quite a bit at football tends to attract a certain reaction from those at the top, and it isn't a favourable one

Same club cagilari at it again yesterday with lukaku. Will be interesting now if the cagilari chairman and any team mates say lukaku encouraged it with his "attitude problem"
I take any of that about kean with a pinch of salt for the exact reason you just stated. We'll throw monkey chants at you. You stand in front of us when you score. Oh look at you. You've got an attitude problem.
Pffft.
I looked on juves official twitter account when they confirmed the sale. Didnt read one single juve fan bad mouthing him underneath.
If souness wanted to be at least balanced he could have stated the incident at caligari as a possible reason kean maybe wanted to leave. Instead he went for a round the houses dig and then settled for attitude problem.
The fact it got a bit of media attention is probably the whole point though.
I'll discuss it in an Everton forum. I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of mentioning it on a general social media outlet though.

How is saying that Juventus have sold him for ‘other issues’ not related to football, and that the simple fact they’ve sold him ‘would suggest his off field activities aren’t the best’ not insinuating that he has an attitude problem? I’ll give you a clue, it is.

"At 19, why have they sold him? Personally, slight alarm bell going off in my head. Juventus are arguably the biggest club in Italy, wealthiest club in Italy. Given that they've got an older strike force, you're selling a 19 year old who won't be hurting you wage-wise.

They've not got £100m plus for him, I think there could be other issues there. I don't know if Juve have a buy-back clause, if they don't then that will tell you they're happy to see him out the door. At 19?

It doesn't make any common sense if you're Juventus! It's as if it's like
'Go on, we don't care how good he's going to be, you can take him!'.

Which would suggest his off the field activities aren't the best. It's a bit like Adebayor here, he was 25 and just about to enter his best years and Wenger sold him to City. Right away, you're thinking 'he's not selling him because he's not a very good Footballer'. It's because there's something not quite right with him.

And that's how it turned out to be, because Adebayor was a boy who had all the talent you could ever wish for but just didn't do it"

======================

That is word for word what he said and I don't think that's racist in the slightest. I think part of it is a veiled compliment too.

Players move clubs for all sorts of reasons beyond just their Football ability. Ferguson was known for doing his homework on a players home life, their interests outside of Football and their general mentality as all of this has a bearing on their chances of adapting quickly to the team. Part of the reason Ferguson let Ravel Morrison and Pogba go was because of their off-pitch behaviour. Which doesn't necessarily imply that they have / had 'bad attitudes' or are 'unprofessional'. City paid an extraordinarily low fee (£14m) for a Spain international, Jesus Navas, because he'd been known to suffer from homesickness and the chances of him adapting to England long term were questionable.

The comparison with Adebayor is about a clearly talented Footballer approaching his peak being sold by a top CL club, surprisingly to a team that had just finished 10th (City). As I said before and as a couple of others on here have alluded to as well, I think we were all surprised to have got Kean, and to have got him for such a low fee with no buy-back was incredible. We're hailing it as miraculous from Brands, but the counter argument to why the price was so low for such an obviously talented player is that it's influenced by something non-football related.

That's quite a short leap to make and, again, I don't think it's a racist one to make either. Nobody has used the words 'bad attitude' or 'unprofessional' other than some fan account on Twitter trying to stir the pot.

Same club cagilari at it again yesterday with lukaku. Will be interesting now if the cagilari chairman and any team mates say lukaku encouraged it with his "attitude problem"

Cagliari have a long history of it. They did it to Blaise Matuidi and Sulley Muntari in the past too and there was a pre-season game not too long ago where players walked off the pitch there.

"At 19, why have they sold him? Personally, slight alarm bell going off in my head. Juventus are arguably the biggest club in Italy, wealthiest club in Italy. Given that they've got an older strike force, you're selling a 19 year old who won't be hurting you wage-wise.

They've not got £100m plus for him, I think there could be other issues there. I don't know if Juve have a buy-back clause, if they don't then that will tell you they're happy to see him out the door. At 19?

It doesn't make any common sense if you're Juventus! It's as if it's like
'Go on, we don't care how good he's going to be, you can take him!'.

Which would suggest his off the field activities aren't the best. It's a bit like Adebayor here, he was 25 and just about to enter his best years and Wenger sold him to City. Right away, you're thinking 'he's not selling him because he's not a very good Footballer'. It's because there's something not quite right with him.

And that's how it turned out to be, because Adebayor was a boy who had all the talent you could ever wish for but just didn't do it"

======================

That is word for word what he said and I don't think that's racist in the slightest. I think part of it is a veiled compliment too.

Players move clubs for all sorts of reasons beyond just their Football ability. Ferguson was known for doing his homework on a players home life, their interests outside of Football and their general mentality as all of this has a bearing on their chances of adapting quickly to the team. Part of the reason Ferguson let Ravel Morrison and Pogba go was because of their off-pitch behaviour. Which doesn't necessarily imply that they have / had 'bad attitudes' or are 'unprofessional'. City paid an extraordinarily low fee (£14m) for a Spain international, Jesus Navas, because he'd been known to suffer from homesickness and the chances of him adapting to England long term were questionable.

The comparison with Adebayor is about a clearly talented Footballer approaching his peak being sold by a top CL club, surprisingly to a team that had just finished 10th (City). As I said before and as a couple of others on here have alluded to as well, I think we were all surprised to have got Kean, and to have got him for such a low fee with no buy-back was incredible. We're hailing it as miraculous from Brands, but the counter argument to why the price was so low for such an obviously talented player is that it's influenced by something non-football related.

That's quite a short leap to make and, again, I don't think it's a racist one to make either. Nobody has used the words 'bad attitude' or 'unprofessional' other than some fan account on Twitter trying to stir the pot.
Ok mate. I think you’re spectacularly wrong on this but we’ll leave it there.

Cagliari have a long history of it. They did it to Blaise Matuidi and Sulley Muntari in the past too and there was a pre-season game not too long ago where players walked off the pitch there.

And from what i read its just sort of accepted they have that reputation.

I read online before we even signed Kean that he liked to party etc, so it Souness has done that then fair enough.

But - from what he’s said in the past, the tone in which he’s said it in and the players he’s used as a comparison, it very much looks like they he’s assumed Kean has an attitude problem because he’s black
Link? I've never seen anything that would suggest the kid has any off the field issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.