Homepage Article When Victor Anichebe Met Michael Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FA should have completely made up a new rule after that tackle to ban Nolan for a considerable length of time. It was clearly premeditated and I got the feeling after the fact that even though he "apologised", he was never really remorseful.

Forgot he got injured against Newcastle. I’m not sure it was this result of a bad challenge though.

Nah he was controlling a throw in and twisted his knee on his standing foot, but he was never the same again. Before that injury I wouldn’t have sold him for 50m by the end I was happy with 10m .

Rate these from having the best potential to the worst if you would be so kind ? I'm really interested to see if opinions differ vastly .

Stuart Barlow
Danny Cadamateri
Phillip Jevons
Big Vic
Vaughny
Just turn the list upside down

Id say

Vaughan
Cadamateri
Branch (added to the list)

Then Anichebe, Jevons and Jigsaw some leagues behind.

Forgot he got injured against Newcastle. I’m not sure it was this result of a bad challenge though.

It was an absolutely disgusting challenge, more akin to assault than an attempt to win a football.

Players who do that to a fellow professional when there is clear intent to injure, should be forced to sit out their careers for the length of time the player on the receiving end has to. Without pay too.

Spoke with Vic at the beginning of his career at the time he was scoring in Europe. Sound feller. I think he was quite easily the best player out of all these players mentioned in this thread. Including Vaughan, never mind Michael Branch ffs.

We got decent money for him as well, selling him to West Brom, where he didn't do to well but was still playing at Prem level iirc. Then he continued to play at Prem level when he went to Sunderland, and the Sunderland fans rated him, with him scoring a few goals.

Vaughan had to drop down to league 1 before he started scoring, and then he got a move to Sunderland in the Championship and he couldn't hack it at that level, and I think Sunderland binned him off pretty quickly.

Uhh? What?

Big Vic was always dross. I know Joe Royle spoke about him in very unflattering terms at a dinner once (lazy, bad attitude etc)

Also who hates Arteta? What a weird article.

It was an absolutely disgusting challenge, more akin to assault than an attempt to win a football.

Players who do that to a fellow professional when there is clear intent to injure, should be forced to sit out their careers for the length of time the player on the receiving end has to. Without pay too.
I was referring to the Arteta injury not the Anichebe one. You are right it was a disgraceful challenge. A sending off and resulting 3 game ban doesn’t fit the crime in this case.

Rate these from having the best potential to the worst if you would be so kind ? I'm really interested to see if opinions differ vastly .

Stuart Barlow
Danny Cadamateri
Phillip Jevons
Big Vic
Vaughny

Stuart ‘Jigsaw’ Barlow - could have been great if he could’ve actually slot
Vaughny
Big Vic
Cadamateri
Jevons

Spot on Zat, I thought Vaughny had everything required to be a top striker, quick, brave and tough, but sadly, his luck with injuries was abysmal.

They aren’t the qualities of a top striker these days. Vaughan was only ever going to be a journeyman striker IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.