Homepage Article When Victor Anichebe Met Michael Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Bottomley

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
It’s amazing what happens when things are taken out of context.

The excruciating thing is that they both did exactly the same strange neck dance. Their actions before were different, the games themselves were utterly different, but that weird, spasmodic neck move? That was the same.

In both cases it was a dance borne from emotion shaved to the bone, they both looked like fish, slapping about on the deck, writhing for oxygen.

For a split second Arsenal’s Michael Thomas and Everton’s Victor Anichebe shared the same space. Then just as quickly, they went their separate ways.

Watching Michael Thomas’ goal is always amazing. Real football has the ability to make Roy of the Rovers a dirge. Thomas won Arsenal the league in the dying embers of the last game of the season. Against their title rivals, and our perennial rivals. At Anfield.

After his unbelievable last ditch goal, Thomas rolls off in ecstasy,  a man in a barrel about to jump into a Niagara Falls of...

Continue reading...

Imagine if he and Vaughan weren’t so injury prone.

Not that he was. He just had niggles. Then that horror injury :(

Spot on Zat, I thought Vaughny had everything required to be a top striker, quick, brave and tough, but sadly, his luck with injuries was abysmal.
Rate these from having the best potential to the worst if you would be so kind ? I'm really interested to see if opinions differ vastly .

Stuart Barlow
Danny Cadamateri
Phillip Jevons
Big Vic
Vaughny

Whitehurst on Bracewell 86 and Nolan on Anichebe. Although both totally different players and standard of footballers if I’m being honest. What they did have in common, their careers were effectively ended whilst playing up at Newcastle.
If I remember right, anichebe come back game was against Nolan, the kopite rat, off the ball he kicked him on his leg he broke , could not believe fa ignored that.

Whitehurst on Bracewell 86 and Nolan on Anichebe. Although both totally different players and standard of footballers if I’m being honest. What they did have in common, their careers were effectively ended whilst playing up at Newcastle.

Arteta too

Anichebe was always useless, Vaughan though i thought could have gotten to the upper echelons of quality forwards in the league.
I don’t think he was totally useless. Don’t forget how young he was at the time. That europa league goal vs metalist seemed to kick him on a bit. Then shortly after it was all over unfortunately

Anichebe was always useless, Vaughan though i thought could have gotten to the upper echelons of quality forwards in the league.
He really wasn't, when he came through he offered a goal threat from the bench, was a decent target man and had a knack of scoring important goals.
After the injury he seemed to play within himself

He really wasn't, when he came through he offered a goal threat from the bench, was a decent target man and had a knack of scoring important goals.
After the injury he seemed to play within himself

I wouldn't say the injury affected him too much. He played very much the same when he returned. There were times when he was useful for us but we were a very good team and that probably helped him look better than he was. Once he moved to West Brom, his limitations were very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.