Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to predict what he'll line up with here given Wednesday night's game. For me Iwobi has to start, but I don't think Bernard deserves to drop to the bench.. nor do I believe Sigurdsson & Richarlison will be dropped either. Coleman back in for Sidibe is fairly cut and dry.. but what about the midfield? Gomes for Schneiderlin with Delph retaining his place? Think Kean is still 50/50 whether he'll start ahead of DCL as well.

At least there's a few choices there anyway I suppose.

My personal 11 would be

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Richarlison - Gomes - Delph - Bernard
Kean - DCL

Bench of
Lossl, Sidibe, Holgate, Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Walcott, Tosun
Go full on 4-4-2 I think. We always isolate the striker too much, to our overall detriment. Get two up there so they can support one another

As for the game itself, I think we have to be wary of the attacking threat Wolves possess, so our defending needs to be on point and we need to take our chances when they are given to us

Hoping for an edgy 1-0 or 2-1 win for the Toffeemen!!
Siggy not even in your squad?

While defensive solidity has been a positive feature since the spring, the side have started the season looking lightweight in front of goal. Surely this is a game to get offensive players up top - Iwolbi, Kean, Bernard. You can't win games if you don't score goals.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Delph Gomes Sigurdsson
Richarlison Kean Bernard​

Lossl, Holgate, Schneiderlin, Davies, Iwobi, Calvert-Lewin, Tosun

baby hart
Coleman slabhead, big daddy clean sheets, digne
Delph Gomes
Richy iwobi Bernard
Kean

Fight me

Kean is going too run into the same brick wall eventually

We simply can't keep isolating the striker the way we do

Could be something to that but I've seen DCL get chances on a plate giving to him and smash it off the keeper or off target every time. And I've seen Kean in limited game time work his own opportunities and smash the post 2/3 times. He's looked miles more promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.