How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely till the end of this season.

If we finish 7th but it's the same type of season as last year, I would then think of a replacement.
If we finish 7th but have showed progress or any position more than 7th place I would keep him.
7th would be acceptable if, for instance, we get closer to 6th and maybe are close to challenging them (e.g. within 5 points.
Now we're in a solid new era with Brands, money and serious ambition. It's stupid to chop and change now.
Personally, Silva must be thinking 5 years here, to land his big job at a bigger club, and that's good stability for us
This IS Silva's chance of a job at a big club. He'll either take us higher (unlikely upto now but you never can tell) or he'll leave/ go / get sacked.
He aint going any higher without us.

Yenno what, give him the rest of the season and, relegation threats aside, leave him to crack on with what he has. No cryarsing for more money to be lashed at it. Whats happened to Bury today kinda slaps the face a bit for me. Football needs a massive reboot atm. Hearing grown men sobbing, broken at the loss of their club has given me a bit of a reality check tonight. The money in todays game and how its spread about needs a huge rethink before the game's gone completely and none of us will be able to fix it.

Yenno what, give him the rest of the season and, relegation threats aside, leave him to crack on with what he has. No cryarsing for more money to be lashed at it. Whats happened to Bury today kinda slaps the face a bit for me. Football needs a massive reboot atm. Hearing grown men sobbing, broken at the loss of their club has given me a bit of a reality check tonight. The money in todays game and how its spread about needs a huge rethink before the game's gone completely and none of us will be able to fix it.

I'm still not really convinced about Marco Silva but I'd have to just give him the rest of the season to prove he's got what it takes. If we have another repeat of last season then he'll be gone in the summer, no doubt about it, he'd have shown he's not good enough.

This IS Silva's chance of a job at a big club. He'll either take us higher (unlikely upto now but you never can tell) or he'll leave/ go / get sacked.
He aint going any higher without us.

I didn't mean we're a smaller club, I mean that in his overall career ambition, I'm sure he wants one of the big CL clubs eventually, even Man U, Man City, Liverpool lose players and managers to Bayern, Barcelona, Real etc.
I'm just thinking that whatever happens, he has to take us higher for his career to work out as well. So yeah, without us, he ain't going higher. If he gets us higher, he'll either stay with us long-term in a new stadium and win stuff (the dream scenario) or get us punching above our weight and get tried out at a CL club.

I didn't mean we're a smaller club, I mean that in his overall career ambition, I'm sure he wants one of the big CL clubs eventually, even Man U, Man City, Liverpool lose players and managers to Bayern, Barcelona, Real etc.
I'm just thinking that whatever happens, he has to take us higher for his career to work out as well. So yeah, without us, he ain't going higher. If he gets us higher, he'll either stay with us long-term in a new stadium and win stuff (the dream scenario) or get us punching above our weight and get tried out at a CL club.

I think he'd do the same as our last two failures as manager, not including Allardyce - go for an easy international job to rebuild their reputation.

EDIT: I'm not saying Silva is a definite failure yet, I just mean if he does fail, he'd go for that route.

We need someone with some fireworks in them and shake the club by it's roots........dare I say it someone like Klopp.
I still haven't got a clue what Silvas football philosophy is and he has had the job 12 months

Schneiderlin again starts. This fella blows my mind. What's he seeing that I'm not? See Schneiderlin was partly responsible for the goal. :eek: Raw stats he may look decent but he doesn't show for the ball and
either sends it right back where it came from or backwards. Rather see youth in his place and him shot in to the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.