Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly think we played well?
No, but conversely, you think we were sackably bad? worth binning off before seeing any of our new players playing properly?
We actually played some nice football, missed some sitters and played some nice football, went all out attack on 60 minutes and should of equalized at the least. Certainly wasn't a great performance, but far from worthy of the sack surely?
If that was worth binning him for, I would suggest we bring in managers on zero hours contracts from now on.

Isn't it like 3 defeats in 14 matches or something?

Last edited:
If he thinks we dominated that game then I think he'll be on very thin ice soon. A completely unacceptable performance from about 8 of the 11 out there.

I didn't watch the game but was keeping tabs on BBC football. Two minutes before they scored the text literally described how villa looked inept as our passing resembled 'total football'... then they scored. As was the case during our bad spells last year we seemed to lose confidence after the goal. As was the case last year it seems that it's our mentality/resilience that really lets us down.

Can't comment on the match as I didn't see It but the consensus seems to be that we were pretty toothless again. From what I've read we only had one shot on target. That is not dominating. Cut the crap Marco and get your act together

Can't comment on the match as I didn't see It but the consensus seems to be that we were pretty toothless again. From what I've read we only had one shot on target. That is not dominating. Cut the crap Marco and get your act together

the game was a Martinez era performance, so much of the ball but doing nothing with it

that being said, we should have scored with 2 easy chances and maybe silva doesn't get all this stick, blaming the manager only goes so far when the game was littered with individual mistakes

but then again, detest managers coming out talking bollocks when they've been beat, just say we didn't play well, which we didn't

I didn't watch the game but was keeping tabs on BBC football. Two minutes before they scored the text literally described how villa looked inept as our passing resembled 'total football'... then they scored. As was the case during our bad spells last year we seemed to lose confidence after the goal. As was the case last year it seems that it's our mentality/resilience that really lets us down.
Oh our first 20 minutes was the best we looked in years. Had they given the penalty, it might've been different. It went downhill from there, but when you have the ball 65% of the time and miss 2 sitters, it wasn't a complete disaster.

Oh our first 20 minutes was the best we looked in years. Had they given the penalty, it might've been different. It went downhill from there, but when you have the ball 65% of the time and miss 2 sitters, it wasn't a complete disaster.
That suggests we have it in us and Silva deserves more time. We should do what the other half did a few years ago and get in the best sports psychologist we can find as well.

We didn't dominate but we created enough to win tbh or at least a score draw, Still think we should have had a clear penalty.
Villa weren't dominate they just took the chances they had, They didn't offer much apart from long balls to Wesley.

I dont think his statement was that bad - he clearly noted that we switched off for the first goal and that we missed sitters.
Martinez would have said "we played fabulously in the moment but just failed to capitalize on our industry and hard work"
BFS would have said " We came for a draw and I thought we would nick it at the end, but I dont put the ball in the net, thats Calvert Lewis's job"
Koeman would have said "We had a plan and we stuck to it but hey thats foetball!"

Yep, if it's not working in the first half then why not make the changes at half - time.

I think there's good reasons why the majority of managers seem to make changes at or around the 60 minute mark.

You presumably named your best team and sent them out with a plan. If it's gone wrong you get a chance to speak to them at half time, tweak instructions etc and hopefully they can deliver on the original idea, this allows you to retain the chance to influence the game with changes if it's still going wrong.

You maximise the impact of fresh legs as the game moves into the latter stages, which would be significantly reduced if changes were made at half time.

Some of your subs may only have 30 mins of football in them if they're carrying knocks etc.

We started well, like we have in all three games. After they scored we we’re pointless.

Pundits who know more than you do are questioning why we didn't get an experienced striker in, we all know Kean is a hot prospect, that's not the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.