2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he had the audacity to ask for the number 9 shirt, based on his (lack of) ability and (embarrassing) goal record... our famous number 9 shirt that has been soiled and abused beyond belief. Kone, Sandro and now this clown!

I would say we don't loan him to the championship, he wont score more than 8 in a full season down there... and then we are stuck with him.

I highly rate both Silva and Brands, however I am starting to doubt them when they both seem to have faith in someone who a) is League One standard and b) has (low-level) championship potential - at a push.

Tosun needs to start. Ok he doesn't fit Silva's system, but he shoehorns Glyfi into it every week.

All our current problems start with DCL... ALL of them.

- Bernard, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Gomes all look for alternatives when the option is to play the ball to feet to DCL. This myth that he can hold the ball up is ridiculous.
- As above but with through balls - they all know they are handing the ball back to the opposition - hence why we pass sideways constantly.
- As above but the other reason is that stephen hawking had better movement.
- the only skill DCL is competent in, is finding space... finding space where the play and game can pass him by without him having to get involved. Phil Neville was the master of this. When the chips are down, you can be certain Phil and DCL will hide.
- This is why Sigurdsson plays as a striker - because we have no-one else as little Bambi is away grazing somewhere.
- he is the biggest p*ssy I have ever seen in royal blue, and I have seen Simon Davies, Nyarko and Barlow. We are losing and he sh*ts outta that 50-50; makes me sick.
- he has zero finishing and composure. I am sure someone could make a collage of his misses.
- he isnt a good lad, another myth. He is a few good performances off becoming our Jesse Lingaard and humiliating us and himself on insta.

I have another 30 reasons but it's a bank holiday monday morning and i'm in work - I'll blame DCL on that as well soon lol

He was on a yellow card and almost certainly would have got a second if he didn't back out.

Anichebe was better
I don't see any hope with DCL, Anichebe at least had moments where he played well. His excellent performance against City when we won 2-0 and a few other performances, when he was knocking people off the ball and holding the ball up. I don't think he as bad as some people made him out to be, he still scored a few decent goals, and plus he was never really our main striker. He only really became that, after Jelavic stopped scoring. DCL doesn't do anything, at least with Niasse and Tosun you can see what they're trying to do. DCL makes no real attempt to get in good positions, I remember in the derby at GP thinking that with a better striker we'd a won. Richarlison and Coleman, put a few good crosses in and he was never in a good position to do anything. We need to sign a proper striker, I don't know why we didn't sign somebody like Dembele the lad who used to play for Celtic or somebody like Vardy who will get you 15 goals a season or something.

I don't see any hope with DCL, Anichebe at least had moments where he played well. His excellent performance against City when we won 2-0 and a few other performances, when he was knocking people off the ball and holding the ball up. I don't think he as bad as some people made him out to be, he still scored a few decent goals, and plus he was never really our main striker. He only really became that, after Jelavic stopped scoring. DCL doesn't do anything, at least with Niasse and Tosun you can see what they're trying to do. DCL makes no real attempt to get in good positions, I remember in the derby at GP thinking that with a better striker we'd a won. Richarlison and Coleman, put a few good crosses in and he was never in a good position to do anything. We need to sign a proper striker, I don't know why we didn't sign somebody like Dembele the lad who used to play for Celtic or somebody like Vardy who will get you 15 goals a season or something.
Looking at the strikers that were signed into the EPL this year we could have picked someone up - but we were focused on Kean. Could it be that the 3M's are focused on next season already?

Looking at the strikers that were signed into the EPL this year we could have picked someone up - but we were focused on Kean. Could it be that the 3M's are focused on next season already?
It just seems to me that unless we get a quality striker with premier league experience , Kean probably will do better as he gets more playing time. DCL missed important chances against teams like Arsenal, Palac, Fulham and other teams that could of changed games. Plus his missed chance against Villa, I just don't think he should be in the team. Silva's loyalty to him is both bizarre and worrying, he shows zero sign of improvement. Even James Vaughan had that strikers instinct in front of goal, he doesn't show any sign of those skills. We got rid of Beckford after he scored countless goals, I don't know why we're so tolerant of mediocrity.

It just seems to me that unless we get a quality striker with premier league experience , Kean probably will do better as he gets more playing time. DCL missed important chances against teams like Arsenal, Palac, Fulham and other teams that could of changed games. Plus his missed chance against Villa, I just don't think he should be in the team. Silva's loyalty to him is both bizarre and worrying, he shows zero sign of improvement. Even James Vaughan had that strikers instinct in front of goal, he doesn't show any sign of those skills. We got rid of Beckford after he scored countless goals, I don't know why we're so tolerant of mediocrity.
Beckford was a bad bell

But at least he scored.

Just like DCL will do on weds

Twice.

why does DCL get slated so much when more senior players are not playing to potential....

It will come from DCL we have to be patient....
it may come to DCL but we can't wait at this moment in time, He needs dropping otherwise Everton will start dropping down the table, Other senior players have shown past potential (Richarlison/Sig) DCL is not a goal scorer and we need goals, He's been given a damn good chance to prove himself and has failed to take it, He's a good player and think it's possible he might turn it up a notch but at this moment in time he needs to be dropped until he can prove he can start putting shots in the net.

why does DCL get slated so much when more senior players are not playing to potential....

It will come from DCL we have to be patient....
When? How long can we carry someone who's a prospect in place of someone who is prolific? The lad has had plenty of opportunities to show his qualities by now. Kean is 3 years younger than him and looks many times more dangerous in front of goal.

When? How long can we carry someone who's a prospect in place of someone who is prolific? The lad has had plenty of opportunities to show his qualities by now. Kean is 3 years younger than him and looks many times more dangerous in front of goal.
Yep agreed I can never see DCL Truly making it here, but he can’t complain he’s had more chances to make the position his own more than any other youngster I can think of here. He should have been shipped back to Sheffield untied with Besic.

Status
Not open for further replies.