2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most disappointing aspect of this for me is three months is a significant period time to be missing adjusting to this league, he clearly was on a crash course getting to grips with the pace and intensity, three months is a big chunk of that adjustment time.
Aye, exactly my point.

The most disappointing aspect of this for me is three months is a significant period time to be missing adjusting to this league, he clearly was on a crash course getting to grips with the pace and intensity, three months is a big chunk of that adjustment time.

Being out injured during his initial settling period could be mentally tough too. It's not ideal being in a strange country without family/friends and suddenly being isolated from work colleagues as well.

Classic Everton though. Bolaise's knee exploding after we shelled out a fair whack on him was grim.

Being out injured during his initial settling period could be mentally tough too. It's not ideal being in a strange country without family/friends and suddenly being isolated from work colleagues as well.

Classic Everton though. Bolaise's knee exploding after we shelled out a fair whack on him was grim.

...interesting point. I’m more of a view that the period out might not be such a bad thing in the long-term because it will allow him to acclimatise after having a flavour of the PL. He’ll be at USMFF every day and i’d imagine his family will have joined him.

12 weeks is a long time to be out with a Quad injury, so it must be quite a trauma. I imagine a heavy immediate workload following a prolonged transfer added to this happening.

I heard he was actually carrying an injury when he got here.

Which is very believable knowing Everton.

Very possible but it's probably a case of it not being serious enough to end the move.

We signed Gomes injured last season, and Mina.

Gbamin has been signed on a five-year deal. It's a long-term thing.

But he's had to be thrown in and probably a combination of all the factors has now caused this.

But I suppose if we felt he was the right player and the right target, then we're not gonna not get him because of a potential injury (that isn't like a longstanding knee problem or what not).

Very possible but it's probably a case of it not being serious enough to end the move.

We signed Gomes injured last season, and Mina.

Gbamin has been signed on a five-year deal. It's a long-term thing.

But he's had to be thrown in and probably a combination of all the factors has now caused this.

But I suppose if we felt he was the right player and the right target, then we're not gonna not get him because of a potential injury (that isn't like a longstanding knee problem or what not).
Add to that Bernard nowhere near fit after being injured.

It seems brands gets better deals on players because they are injured before they get to us!

Mina , gomes , Delph, gbamin, Bernard in the past 12 months

Looked good first half against Watford and will be a different type of player than we have had over the last few years. We have missed a powerful forward thinking player in the middle and he does seem to tick that box.

My main worry is that he was likely the cover at centreback.

Status
Not open for further replies.