2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think anyone’s calling on him to be sacked after one game. I just think people are a little wary that he has shown little to suggest that he may be the man to change the trajectory of the football club and that a year on we as fans are still able to predict with certainty the way individual games will pan out. I want a manager who stops me from seeing the same game for the hundredth time regardless of who we’ve played and who we’ve played with because despite all the money I’m winning on betting on nil nils against crap teams and losses against relegation fodder, Everton are getting a little bit tedious.

I don’t think anyone’s calling on him to be sacked after one game. I just think people are a little wary that he has shown little to suggest that he may be the man to change the trajectory of the football club and that a year on we as fans are still able to predict with certainty the way individual games will pan out. I want a manager who stops me from seeing the same game for the hundredth time regardless of who we’ve played and who we’ve played with because despite all the money I’m winning on betting on nil nils against crap teams and losses against relegation fodder, Everton are getting a little bit tedious.

That's a little unfair. Silva's 2018-19 Everton's side scored 54 goals to the previous season's 44, and gave up fewer, 46 down from 58. Net swing from -14 GD to +8. The form at the end of last season, starting with the 17-day break, was better than anything in recent memory. I would bet that everyone here would have given a body part for 11 points out of 15 in a run of games against RS, Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU, and Spurs at the outset of the season.

It's worrying, I'll be the first to say. This game was a flashback to Everton at their worst. Squandered chances, stupid mistakes - and worst of all the timidity. I wish I'd had one of those electric-shock psychological experiment buzzer buttons to deliver a shock Gomes and Schneiderlin every time they passed it back and forth horizontally 35 yards out.

I think Silva erred badly in bringing his subs on too late and on the choice of Walcott as the third sub.

Still, the new players haven't bedded in yet, and also Sigurdsson and Richarlison have been terrible. I don't know what Siggy's deal is. I've always been a fan but it's time to sit him I think. Richarlison - it's not being discussed much but he had mumps at the Copa America. That's serious for an adult and it can knock you back quite a bit. Might explain why he's a step slow.

I was disgusted but not hitting the panic button yet. Silva's earned goodwill and I do think he can keep the club moving upward. But he's got work to do.

I still dont know what any of that has to do with Everton and our current issues of hitting the target. It doesnt make me feel any better that someone else are not as good. Everton are depressing enough on their own.

Every club has target issues, that’s the point. In that United/Palace game there were 27 attempts at goal, only six hit the target and half of them were the 3 goals. Norwich/Chelsea was a little better with 13 on target from 29 shots, 5 being goals. Last nights game was the poorest of the weekend so far, just 4 on target from 19 attempts. The only side to hit double figures in terms of on target shots were West Ham, that game produced the most attempts at goal at 39, a third of which were on target

That's a little unfair. Silva's 2018-19 Everton's side scored 54 goals to the previous season's 44, and gave up fewer, 46 down from 58. Net swing from -14 GD to +8. The form at the end of last season, starting with the 17-day break, was better than anything in recent memory. I would bet that everyone here would have given a body part for 11 points out of 15 in a run of games against RS, Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU, and Spurs at the outset of the season.

It's worrying, I'll be the first to say. This game was a flashback to Everton at their worst. Squandered chances, stupid mistakes - and worst of all the timidity. I wish I'd had one of those electric-shock psychological experiment buzzer buttons to deliver a shock Gomes and Schneiderlin every time they passed it back and forth horizontally 35 yards out.

I think Silva erred badly in bringing his subs on too late and on the choice of Walcott as the third sub.

Still, the new players haven't bedded in yet, and also Sigurdsson and Richarlison have been terrible. I don't know what Siggy's deal is. I've always been a fan but it's time to sit him I think. Richarlison - it's not being discussed much but he had mumps at the Copa America. That's serious for an adult and it can knock you back quite a bit. Might explain why he's a step slow.

I was disgusted but not hitting the panic button yet. Silva's earned goodwill and I do think he can keep the club moving upward. But he's got work to do.
I do accept that we beat some big teams at the back end of the season, but our season was once again totally over by then. European qualification was alsowell in our hands at one point but we failed the beat some quite poor teams towards the end too. The numbers are improved but the end product is nothing we haven’t consistently seen many, many times before and quite frankly with the hard on our owner got for him and the work we put in to secure him I expect a break from the norm.

Exactly all of this.

I do accept that we beat some big teams at the back end of the season, but our season was once again totally over by then. European qualification was alsowell in our hands at one point but we failed the beat some quite poor teams towards the end too. The numbers are improved but the end product is nothing we haven’t consistently seen many, many times before and quite frankly with the hard on our owner got for him and the work we put in to secure him I expect a break from the norm.
Yep.

And your expecting a man whos been in the job for 12months to totally reverse the last 30 years in 1 year.

Unrealistic expectations is Evertons major problem.

And your expecting a man whos been in the job for 12months to totally reverse the last 30 years in 1 year.
Not at all. I’m expecting to start to see something a little different. If I’m being honest a lot of this is caused by me getting very bored of being able to know exactly how a game is planning out before it’s played. I am absolutely rinsing bet365 however.

Not at all. I’m expecting to start to see something a little different. If I’m being honest a lot of this is caused by me getting very bored of being able to know exactly how a game is planning out before it’s played. I am absolutely rinsing bet365 however.

If you constantly bet against Everton away, you would defo be in credit like.

Status
Not open for further replies.