2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
As have other teams against other teams, it’s nothing exclusive to Everton FC. Chelsea have the exact same number of points as us, so will United unless something changes late on at OT
Those clubs are sinking faster than the Titanic. I wouldn’t use them as barometers of success for this year.

So surely the fact that we were toothless up front and the fact that we couldn't get behind their defence, also the fact that we were overrun in midfield is purely poor tactics and down to Marco?
Not so much tactics , just that DCL isn’t up to it at all. Simple as.

If they are sinking, we are the sea bed, they are still the teams we want to be better than even if both have inexperienced managers in charge

I dont really know what that means. What have those clubs got to do with our inability to get shots on target during games. Nothing as far as i can see. They dont interest me in the slightest. I dont sit there watching Everton struggle to create any decent chances and go ah well united and chelsea aint much either.

He'll sort it out.

We leaked goals in for fun and couldn't defend crosses last season...he sorted it.

We couldn't score...he sorted that.

There's a solid foundation there I didn't think he'd get to and he has. Needs to build on it.

He'll sort it out.

We leaked goals in for fun and couldn't defend crosses last season...he sorted it.

We couldn't score...he sorted that.

There's a solid foundation there I didn't think he'd get to and he has. Needs to build on it.

I think in the whole he’s done a brilliant job. I’ve said that on here before. It’s just worrying that we have these type of Fulham/Villa performances in us. I don’t know if that’s down to him though, it’s been Everton for decades.

I think in the whole he’s done a brilliant job. I’ve said that on here before. It’s just worrying that we have these type of Fulham/Villa performances in us. I don’t know if that’s down to him though, it’s been Everton for decades.

Think Neville summed it up at half time last night where it's all good up until the final product where you need some bite, something more.

Do we have that? If so, it's not often enough.

I wrote in the Central midfield thread that I see Gomes + 1 other as rotation options as hes either great or not good ar all.

I think this is how we will all feel by season end with a view of us in 2 seasons time:

GK -- Pickford / Lossl / Virginia

RB -- ??? / Kenny

CB -- Mina / ??? / Keane / Gibson

LB -- Digne / ???

DM -- Gbamin / ???

CM -- Gomes / ??? / Davies

AM -- Iwobi / ???

RF -- Richarlison / ???

CF -- Kean / ??? / DCL

LF -- Bernard / ???

That shows were 9 players short if we look ahead two seasons...it also factors in Kenny doing well on loan for 2 seasons before coming back as back up + Gibson coming through.

I think we need 6 players signed in Jan + next summer and then 3 more in the following 12 months with a view (as Brands mentioned) of then 3 in/out of the squad each summer going forward.

Having said that, we do have players like Richarlison and Iwobi who can play multiple positions so we could probably do ok with

1 New Right back
1 New Centre back
1 New Left back
1 New Defensive midfielder / Central midfielder
1 New Attacking midfielder

5 players in the next two windows to give the squad depth on key positions.

We know that the urgent requirements were Doucoure (DM/CM) Zouma (CB) Zaha (probably filled by Iwobi) and a right footed left forward.

I expect us to be after those 3 in Jan with another 2 or 3 in the summer.

Not unrealistic imo.

You've stated that you find Silva to be reactive, however a reactive manager would have taken off Gomes and DCL.

Also highlighted that hes a stubborn manager but one of those would have kept Gylfi on and stuck with the same formation.

Instead, hes taken off Bernard / Gylfi / Richarlison and thrown in Iwobi / Kean (both short of match fitness) and Walcott (to utilise his pace).

Aside from your Davies option, what other players could he have introduced....who could turn the game?

I'll answer it....none. the players he wanted which he stated were a DM/CM (Doucoure) and a left footed wide player along with a CB (Zouma) were not signed.

The squad has limited depth.
Did not brands say he does not wish to do business in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.