Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against Palace Watford and Villa.
It could be against City, Liverpool and Spurs in a row for all I care. Don't "brag" about how you dominated a match when you had ONE shot on goal and have scored only 1 goal in 270 minutes of professional football.

I get your point, I just still don't get how a manager on the losing side can say "we didn't deserve it" with 1 shot on goal.

It could be against City, Liverpool and Spurs in a row for all I care. Don't "brag" about how you dominated a match when you had ONE shot on goal and have scored only 1 goal in 270 minutes of professional football.

I get your point, I just still don't get how a manager on the losing side can say "we didn't deserve it" with 1 shot on goal.

We won’t have to worry about that. Zero chance we put up a single shot against city

C’mon on Zat, we were terrible. Iwobi’s was half chance, which leaves 2 clear cut chances against a truly awful villa side who’ll go down

It was embarrassing, stagnant football that should have been changed at halftime. The entire game plan should have scrapped on 45min mark

It just seeemed to me like an away game which we were on top on but one of those games where we need to grind out a result.

Every top side has them and comes away with a draw or a win, Chelsea under Mourinho.

What we lacked i thought was all in midfield, Schneiderlin / Gylfi / Gomes were all terrible.

If DCL/Iwobi/Walcott had scored 1 goal then i think we would have gone on to win but it was a scrappy game and we couldnt do it.

Yep, if it's not working in the first half then why not make the changes at half - time.

I was pretty disappointed when I saw no changes after the half.

I get they had more useless passes completed and more possession. Villa had no need for more possession after the goal. It was just like Palace. They've got to score first to make these bad teams open up.

1 shot on target is not dominating.

It just seeemed to me like an away game which we were on top on but one of those games where we need to grind out a result.

Every top side has them and comes away with a draw or a win, Chelsea under Mourinho.

What we lacked i thought was all in midfield, Schneiderlin / Gylfi / Gomes were all terrible.

If DCL/Iwobi/Walcott had scored 1 goal then i think we would have gone on to win but it was a scrappy game and we couldnt do it.

I don't think 1 goal makes Villa open up. This team struggles creating opportunities. I could be mistaken, I couldn't give my undivided attention since I was at work, but wasn't Walcott's miss in like the 80th minute?

Team scored 1 goal in like 260 minutes to that point. You expect 2 in 10 minutes? They haven't showed that in my opinion.

I was pretty disappointed when I saw no changes after the half.

I get they had more useless passes completed and more possession. Villa had no need for more possession after the goal. It was just like Palace. They've got to score first to make these bad teams open up.

1 shot on target is not dominating.

I remember going to West Brom and Koeman made a sub after about 35 minutes when it was clear he had it wrong, last night was just pathetic from Silva, was even worse then the knee when Roberto made zero subs

I don't think 1 goal makes Villa open up. This team struggles creating opportunities. I could be mistaken, I couldn't give my undivided attention since I was at work, but wasn't Walcott's miss in like the 80th minute?

Team scored 1 goal in like 260 minutes to that point. You expect 2 in 10 minutes? They haven't showed that in my opinion.

I was being optimistic but i think its all about confidence. Lacklustre performances like last nights game can turn on their heads with a goal.

I think we need to beat Wolves + Bournemouth + Sheff Utd now to get a lot of confidence before the Man City game.

The problem we now have is with Schneiderlin, Gomes and Sigurdsson in midfield which is totally unbalanced.

We really need to hope that one or two of our attacking players can click into gear now.

Dominate is no use, we need score and win. Our team showed some old problems: no score and poor organization on attack and defence.

Having 65% of the ball means nothing when we just pass it around in front of the opposition and get nowhere near the goal. As soon as Villa starting putting 10 behind the ball after half time we couldnt break them down

Who’s available?

That’s 3 woeful performances. Last night was beyond unacceptable. The players don’t appear to be playing for him. Gomes looked like he didn’t want to be there.
He needs to go.

Dont really have too big of a problem with Silva tonight. Changes should've been done earlier probably but the fact is that the players miss sitters, not him. We had 3 clear cut chances, one was unlucky and the other 2 were woeful. They took their chances. We didnt.
It's not just that game, Watford hit the post and welbeck missed a sitter aswell.

The loss of gueye has been huge, the better teams will exploit that. How easily did villa get into the final third yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.