Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or look at the posession + shots and wonder wtf the players were doing...

Dcl + iwobi + Walcott could have scored and we would have had 3 goals.

Its not the managers fault the players miss sitters.

Alot of chances missed after 3 games already.

C’mon on Zat, we were terrible. Iwobi’s was half chance, which leaves 2 clear cut chances against a truly awful villa side who’ll go down

It was embarrassing, stagnant football that should have been changed at halftime. The entire game plan should have scrapped on 45min mark

Dominiated the game is a misleading statement.

Yes we had more of the ball but Villa were 1-0 up and were happy for us to have possession as we were just passing it around the back 4 and side to side, then they tried to pick us off as we got near their box. Its not as if it was wave after wave of attacks with loads of chances created.
Exactly. It was not City steamrolling a parked bus after falling behind. It was Everton ‘steamrolling’ a parked bus after falling behind.

We dominated until they scored, then our heads fell off. Its all a confidence thing, and all it will take is a lucky game and we'll click. The main problem I'm concerned with, is what we aimed to sort over summer, and that us recruit players to improve our effectiveness in the final third, but after the last three games, that and also our inability to score are still our biggest issues. It's going to go down as another 'transition' season. Maybe get 8th, and go again next year. Rinse and repeat until we die

We dominated until they scored, then our heads fell off. Its all a confidence thing, and all it will take is a lucky game and we'll click. The main problem I'm concerned with, is what we aimed to sort over summer, and that us recruit players to improve our effectiveness in the final third, but after the last three games, that and also our inability to score are still our biggest issues. It's going to go down as another 'transition' season. Maybe get 8th, and go again next year. Rinse and repeat until we die

Forget the final third. We’ve no midfield.

Got to hope when Delph is fur, he offers what we're missing next to Gomes. I'd give one of my nuts for Arteta

Got to hope when Delph is fur, he offers what we're missing next to Gomes. I'd give one of my nuts for Arteta
You mean replaces Gomes, correct? Because part of the problem today was that we literally had no one to replace Gomes who was having a VERY poor game even for him.

Moving the ball forward slowly and aimlessly while passing the ball as many times sideways and backwards as humanly possible before you inevitably lose the ball translates to dominating the game.

True story and that.

Bloody Hell. Just read Silva's comments 'DCLmissed a clear chance to make it 1-1' & 'Walcott missed a clear chance'...…...and he's at a loss to explain how we lost the game. It's because you keep picking them, moron! Out of his depth!

Oh wow. What part of his thought that chatting wham like that would help! I'm more annoyed with him for spinning that BS then I was for anything he did tonight as manager. I sincerely hope he doesn't believe that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.