2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't expect strikers to finish every chance. The bigger problem with DCL especially is not getting into the positions in the first place and that's what Kean will hopefully fix. Sigurdsson and Bernard should benefit.
I would expect strikers to get the majority of chances on target and score at least 2 out of 5
Walcott and DCL are way below those figures.

i cant believe I used stats
Its contagious lads be careful

Play that from 40 secs and come back to me

I watched it all and I stand by my post he is not fast, never has been. He has great anticipation and wonderful technical skills and stamina which allow him to find space and make plays but that is completely different than having pure foot speed.

I would expect strikers to get the majority of chances on target and score at least 2 out of 5

I'm not pretending DCL is Aguero or something but he's a fine finisher on the occasion he actually finds himself in a decent shooting position. The rarity of those moments is the far bigger issue.

Walcott whatever. I think he finishes fine but has other problems that make him a clear 4th choice. Not worth going crazy about.

I'm not pretending DCL is Aguero or something but he's a fine finisher on the occasion he actually finds himself in a decent shooting position. The rarity of those moments is the far bigger issue.

Walcott whatever. I think he finishes fine but has other problems that make him a clear 4th choice. Not worth going crazy about.

Neither DCL or Walcott have good finishing ability. It's a massive flaw in their game. Just look back at that chance DCL had against Liverpool at Goodison under Allardyce, you just knew the outcome before he'd even made contact with the ball. That falls to someone like Tim Cahill and you end the Derby curse, or at least work the keeper...

I love it. The circle is now complete. 50% shots on target, 20% conversion rate, correct?

The fact you think DCL is a fine finisher and you think Walcott finishes fine says it all really
Even DCL's most ardent supporter wil admit finishing is the one thing he is poor at
I don't mind you disagreeing with me. It be nice if you did it without calling me stupid every time. I think his lack of goals comes from his inability to constantly get good shots away and not his ability to actually take chances when they come. It's hard to blame his 0 goals thus far on poor finishing since he hasn't actually gotten on the end of a chance. That's all I'm really saying. I know he isn't Harry Kane or whatever.

But this is the Sigurdsson thread so let me point out that Gylfi has created zero chances from open play this season which is a problem with any striker. He needs to get going or get dropped.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me. It be nice if you did it without calling me stupid every time. I think his lack of goals comes from his inability to constantly get good shots away and not his ability to actually take chances when they come. It's hard to blame his 0 goals thus far on poor finishing since he hasn't actually gotten on the end of a chance. That's all I'm really saying. I know he isn't Harry Kane or whatever.

But this is the Sigurdsson thread so let me point out that Gylfi has created zero chances from open play this season which is a problem with any striker. He needs to get going or get dropped.
He created 2 on Sat.
Dcl messed one up and Richarlison missed a free header

Neither DCL or Walcott have good finishing ability. It's a massive flaw in their game. Just look back at that chance DCL had against Liverpool at Goodison under Allardyce, you just knew the outcome before he'd even made contact with the ball. That falls to someone like Tim Cahill and you end the Derby curse, or at least work the keeper...
Honestly I don't remember that

i never called you stupid
I just said your reading of the game and of players strengths is totally out of sync with the majority of posters on here
Your views on bernard being another example.
You are entitled to your opinions but when the majority of posters disagree with you there is a good chance you are wrong

i never called you stupid
I just said your reading of the game and of players strengths is totally out of sync with the majority of posters on here
Your views on bernard being another example.
You are entitled to your opinions but when the majority of posters disagree with you there is a good chance you are wrong
A majority of people I live near think people should carry assault rifles to buy groceries. I've got a lot of practice going against the grain so it doesn't really bother me. If your posts aren't meant to be demeaning then I apologize and I'll stop taking them that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.