Transfer Rumour Abdoulaye Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's certainly fair. Marco maybe not making the right adjustments could be part of it, although he didn't have many options. A healthy Delph and a ready Iwobi might have changed things a bit.

But those two Watford mids are still pretty darn good.

Schneiderlin is our first choice DM until Gbamin gets up to speed. Delph and Gomes are in competition for the other spot, Silva has pretty much confirmed this is how he sees it.
I believe delph was bought to enable us to move to a 4-3-3 in the future. The poor form of Siggy might bring this move forward once everybody is fit/back from suspension.

Havnt seen much of him but based on the game the other day I would agree, was impressed with capoue . I actually thought we were lucky to win that match tbh. Watford played decent footy and a lot of one touch in tight areas and looked far more dangerous , sharp and played with more pace than we did on the flanks. We were really struggling to put 3 passes together in the second half.

We won though and they’ve lost 4 in a row conceding 14 and scoring 1.

Schneiderlin is our first choice DM until Gbamin gets up to speed. Delph and Gomes are in competition for the other spot, Silva has pretty much confirmed this is how he sees it.
I believe delph was bought to enable us to move to a 4-3-3 in the future. The poor form of Siggy might bring this move forward once everybody is fit/back from suspension.
Of course.

I think Delph was brought in for competition, depth, but yeah, tactical flexibility. No question. Having Gbamin and Delph together with Gomes is definitely a change. That's why I think we went after Doucoure as he's considerably better than Delph. It could also push Sigurdsson into the left forward position potentially, but we went for Iwobi instead.

...... Except Brighton
[/QUOTE]
Did you watch that game? Doucoure and Capoue weren't great, but they weren't the problem.

hope so.Would like to see how that works..could be interesting

Did you? Very weird choice if so, especially as Crystal Palace v Everton was on.
Yes, I've watched the entire game. Rather carefully I might add.

So wait, you just they didn't play well against Brighton? Isn't that what you meant? Yet you didn't watch the game...

If that's what happened, sure. But it wasn't. They had the better of possession, the won more challenges, they had more progressive passes, WAY more passes into the final third. We have a bit more attacking and defensive quality. But they absolutely won the middle of the pitch, no question. They have a great central midfield pairing, Doucoure and Capoue. They are better than Gomes and Gbamin at least at this moment.

Doucoure to me is an outstanding midfielder who can do a bit of everything. He can tackle, pass, dribble with the ball, head it and overpower teams. I'd have rather him than Zaha to be honest. You could easily fit our other midfielders around him too.

Yes, I've watched the entire game. Rather carefully I might add.

So wait, you just they didn't play well against Brighton? Isn't that what you meant? Yet you didn't watch the game...
No, he just meant did you watch the full game.

Doucoure to me is an outstanding midfielder who can do a bit of everything. He can tackle, pass, dribble with the ball, head it and overpower teams. I'd have rather him than Zaha to be honest. You could easily fit our other midfielders around him too.

Agreed, but he would turn [Poor language removed] as soon as he signed for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.