2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winnable game that we failed to win but I am not expecting much out of the opening month as we have so many players to bed in and now we have lost Gomes too.

Forget today - next week is the acid test.

Watford battered us last season at Goodison 2nd half it was embarassing - anything but 3 points and the pressure is on right away.

Stop arsing about and boot DCL as far away as possible and get Kean in the team.

Even if Iwobi is only 75% fit get him in over Bernard.

He must despair at these players sometimes. Simple passes going amiss, yet another red card, ill discipline, more injuries. Think his mistake was not bringing Davies on for Gomes but other than that can’t say much else. Palace were nullified and we would have had chances if the players had any composure about them whatsoever. Sadly Siggurdson couldn’t hit the target from 10 yards, Coleman decided to pass it to the keeper whenever he got in the box and a few were cleared off the line.

It’s the first game lads he FIRST ffs

We say this every season though.

It's only one game, it's only a couple of games, season is still young, only half way through the season etc...

Just for once would it not be nice to come firing out of the gates?

On the surface a draw away from home is OK. But looking closer if we want too push on we need to be winning or at least look like winning these winnable away games especially against a Palace side who has had a bit of behind the scenes problems with their best player.

Personally I am sick of playing catch up after week one.

Away from home he really needs to get the team moving the ball forward with a lot of urgency. Passing it about and letting the opposition get 11 men behind the ball makes any form of attack utterly pointless. It’s a constant gripe of mine towards how he set us up.

The problem I have, is that constantly after these games, this is what he's saying. I believe it's what he wants us to do, he wants players to take risks, but they just don't seem to.

The problem I have, is that constantly after these games, this is what he's saying. I believe it's what he wants us to do, he wants players to take risks, but they just don't seem to.

Not so much about risk. To play possession football, you need at least 3 good dribbler in the team to beat players and create space to attack. We have non. Once we face a tight defensive setup, our only option is to pass, eventually ending up with crosses after crosses.

@davek If we signed the african players on day 1 of the window it would have made no difference.

After the tournament they all have extended holidays. Gbamin may have got an extra 3 days training...as could Iwobi.

No actual preseason games to get up to speed.

@davek If we signed the african players on day 1 of the window it would have made no difference.

After the tournament they all have extended holidays. Gbamin may have got an extra 3 days training...as could Iwobi.

No actual preseason games to get up to speed.
Yes, but there's the opportunity to get familiar before the tournament just by knowing for certain where yould be and get yur head around how you;d fit in. These players today can get a lot of info out of info packages and video.

Anyway: on the incoming - what's done is done.

How can you spend so much money but have a powerpuff side?

Around £200 million spent under Silva alone and its scary who weak we look up top.

Praying Kean and Iwobi improve us or we will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.