2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson can't play central midfield. He's a second striker rather than a playmaker - he needs athleticism around him. He doesn't try to find space; he waits for it to become available to him, so you need players pulling defenders out of position.

If Bernard/Iwobi were to play as a traditional playmaker, it'd mean dropping Sigurdsson IMO.

Oh NO

I thought he did well today. Often let down by how poor our other players are at keeping the ball in the final third.

Honestly, who played better? DCL non existent, Sigurdsson off the pace, Richarlison hit and miss.
Our best players were probably Keane and Mina. The players that looked capable of scoring were Sigurdsson and Richarlison as usual. Bernard lost the ball as much as anyone in the final 3rd and didn't really trouble them. When in good positions he messed up more often than not.

The problem we have is that I would have him in the team over Siggurdsson but the fact he is toothless infront of goal means Iwobi simply has to replace him otherwise you have Bernard and Iwobi as 2 of a front 4 who dont score.

Its why for me Zaha was an essential signing if we were to progress because we have no balance:

Gyfi: does nothing but scores

Bernard: does alot but toothless infront of goal

How do you know which to replace its why Zaha and Iwobi together would have made perfect sense

Kean

Zaha Iwobi Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.