2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flunked big time on this one. Losing zouma and not replacing him was bad enough. Losing gueye was another stunner considering how poor Silva is at organising the defense.
He has improved the attacking side of things but made us defensively weaker which pretty much sums him up.

going for zaha doucoure and zouma and getting in iwobi and failed last ditch bids for smalling and rojo is poor.

He tried to sign them on the last day expecting teams to fold and accept his demands, and insted of going in early, has to take the blame. Also not selling besic, bolasie, tosun, schneiderlin, mirallas will now either be loaned or sold for low fees. The mccarthy bid was far too low, 3m plus add-ons is a joke

Last edited:
Flunked big time on this one. Losing zouma and not replacing him was bad enough. Losing gueye was another stunner considering how poor Silva is at organising the defense.
He has improved the attacking side of things but made us defensively weaker which pretty much sums him up.

going for zaha doucoure and zouma and getting in iwobi and failed last ditch bids for smalling and rojo is poor.
I’m pretty sure Silva organised the defence after Christmas time. Took a while for the zonal marking to be effective, but it paid off in the second half of the season.
Just need Keane & Mina to strike a good partnership and stay fit

I’m pretty sure Silva organised the defence after Christmas time. Took a while for the zonal marking to be effective, but it paid off in the second half of the season.
A lot of that was due to gueye and zouma who aren't here anymore.

Lots of if buts and maybes here fella.

:Blink: Honestly wonder whether people on here are watching us at times. The main thing Silva did across last season was sort out our defensive organisation as a team! Hence the large rise in clean sheets in the second half of the season.

Clean sheets 18/19:

1. Liverpool 21
2. Manchester City 20
3. Chelsea 16
4. Everton 14
5. Tottenham Hotspur 13

And you are right that the attacking output improved too. Taken together, that's why we ended with a far better goal difference than the season before and more points. :)

Still loads of room for improvement, and why we can trust what he and Marcel are doing.

Foolish thoughts of ye of little faith. Brands first season saw us improve our goal differential by a whopping 22. Throw in just half that improvement in Marco Silvas second year(people keep pretending that a completely new manager and system dont require time to settle) and we will be competing for 5th.
Reckon I’ve watched a lot more of Everton and premier league football than you mate so I know how these things work, I don’t appreciate your patronising comments.

Obviously we might be brilliant this year, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Mina might turn out to be a superb centre half (in which case Barcelona will activate their clause and take him off for what now seems an absurdly low amount because of the different market, something foolish people like me are aware of but super fans like you have forgotten all about when saying we won’t have any holes to fill). Kean might be everything we hope for and more. Richarlison And Sigurdsson Might both have another injury free season so it isn’t a problem that there’s nobody else who can come in and shoulder the goal scoring burden. And Gbamin might blossom into the new Kante or vieira and be the missing piece of the jigsaw.

You might think I’m being sarcastic there but I’m not. Those things genuinely might happen, and if they do, we might finish 5th. We have good players and a good coach I think, it’s possible. It’s not LIKELY though, not at all. Looking at our squad, I think 7th would be a good return, even that I think might be a bridge too far.

I am not saying he could have done anything about Gana and Zouma what I am saying is that he left it to late to try and replace them when he knew they were going.
He replaced Gueye with Gbamin and I don’t think he left it too late for CB I think he made the mistake of waiting to see if Chelsea were going to let us have Zouma or Tomori and the Luiz move scuppered it last minute. Unlucky rather than lack of planning

Yes, the patronising tone was deliberate in order to highlight how Unpleasant it is to be spoken down to. I now have to do it to you too because you were incapable of understanding that.

Status
Not open for further replies.