2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I'm genuinely baffled that so many blues saw CB as a 'top priority' for us all because Kurt Zouma went back to Chelsea...

Especially baffled that those same people are now of the opinion that the window was a 'failure' and that Brands should be hung, drawn & quartered all because of one single position on the pitch where we aren't even especially struggling... despite all the other good work done in the window.

Feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone or something :Blink:

There is a twilight. A Twilight over Everton

Brands is the man who has betrayed us.

Under this twilight Brands slips away into the night, with the mentality that he deserves 6 months of holidays.

Disgraceful.

Happy with our business.

Forgive my positivity

If anybody thinks Iwobi was a panic buy because we couldn't get Zaha you lot are gullible. Transfers of that magnitude don't get done in 2 hours. And we bid £52m for Zaha and stated 5 days ago the matter was done. He may have handed in a transfer request but Palace stood firm, fair play to them.

Sidibe good competition at right back.
GBAMIN good option at CB and Midfield.
IWOBI good option on wing or in the number 10.
Kean regarded as one of the best buys of the window.
Gomes permanent.

One of our kids will have a chance of getting first team football this season.
Wonder who?
Concerned with holgate as he was ripped a few times when he played but he might have learned more
Gibson, foulds or feeney

One of our kids will have a chance of getting first team football this season.
Wonder who?
Concerned with holgate as he was ripped a few times when he played but he might have learned more
Gibson, foulds or feeney

Gibson is ahead of the rest.

when you look at the rest of the business Brands did you cant fault him for not bringing in a defender

obviously he tried but was unsuccesful for reasons we arent privy to, and to his credit he didnt panic buy which is how we end up with Tosuns

solid window and excited for the season ahead

Just thinking about this in the shower (enduring image for you all there) and I think, looking at teams around us, we've not come out badly at all. I was thinking of players in and out but also who you would expect to develop and decline.

City look stronger, but they're playing a different game to everybody else anyway.
RS have done nothing. Milner has to drop off at some point, Henderson must get found out at some point too. They have the most selfish player in the world up front and their coach is due a total meltdown. Can see Spurs pipping them.
Spurs: Fair play, have done well this window.
Chelsea: You can't realistically argue that they're stronger. They've lost Hazard, they can't buy anybody and have shipped out an aging CB. Untried manager.
Arsenal: Still no decent defenders and I don't think Luiz solves that, Pepe is an exciting signing but their average age is creeping up. Tierney a good buy.
United: Total shambles. Would expect Young to drop off a cliff this year performance wise and that's not even the start of the problems in that squad.
Around us I think Leicester pre-empted Maguire's loss last year but he still leaves a big question mark over their defense, signed really well in midfield, Vardy another year older, but I think they've done well.
Wolves, added decently, but being honest, I don't know enough about their squad to make any informed judgement.

In short, nobody has had a perfect window leaving them with no headaches and everything they want (City maybe, but Sane throws a spanner in their works). You can't say that anybody we would expect to leapfrog or compete with has radically improved their squad or addressed their issues in a significantly better way than Everton.

In short, we've done better than most. Kean is an absolute coup and I'm going into the season with optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.