2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty irresponsible but I bet those centre half’s were better than what we have now.
Likes of Stubbs, Weir, Gough, Yobo.

Right now we have spent a lot of money to have the 7th best squad in England. This was the easy part. Taking us to the next level is where the fella shows his genius.

The more I think about it, the more I'm genuinely baffled that so many blues saw CB as a 'top priority' for us all because Kurt Zouma went back to Chelsea...

Especially baffled that those same people are now of the opinion that the window was a 'failure' and that Brands should be hung, drawn & quartered all because of one single position on the pitch where we aren't even especially struggling... despite all the other good work done in the window.

Feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone or something :Blink:

Errr no. That and not buying a centre forward worthy of the name for over 2 years until a19 year old kid.

How bout the two near misses for relegation, Agent Johnson nearly crippling the club, 2 botched stadium moves, the NTL deal collapsing, Kendall being allowed to walk away in his second spell because the club wouldn't sanction signing Dion Dublin (who went on to have great spells at Coventry and Villa), Joe Royle being allowed to walk away because Johnson wouldn't sanction a move for Tor Andre Flo, who ended up doing well at Chelsea

The more I think about it, the more I'm genuinely baffled that so many blues saw CB as a 'top priority' for us all because Kurt Zouma went back to Chelsea...

Especially baffled that those same people are now of the opinion that the window was a 'failure' and that Brands should be hung, drawn & quartered all because of one single position on the pitch were we aren't even especially struggling... despite all the other good work done in the window.

Feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone or something :Blink:
Centre half position rather important, even more so when you have sold one of the best protectors of that 4 in world football.

How bout the two near misses for relegation, Agent Johnson nearly crippling the club, 2 botched stadium moves, the NTL deal collapsing, Kendall being allowed to walk away in his second spell because the club wouldn't sanction signing Dion Dublin (who went on to have great spells at Coventry and Villa), Joe Royle being allowed to walk away because Johnson wouldn't sanction a move for Tor Andre Flo, who ended up doing well at Chelsea
Johnson era was bad when he realised we were a hopeless cause.
Howard was rotten drink every day by the Dion episode.
Yes Royale should have stayed.
But we have a chance here to win a cup or push the big teams with massive spending a big wage bill. It’s just frustrating that still the most basic errors are being made.

Centre half position rather important, even more so when you have sold one of the best protectors of that 4 in world football.
It is rather important, you're right, so it's a good thing that Keane and Mina have looked capable whenever we've seen them, even without Gana.

Status
Not open for further replies.